Rivals

C H A P T E R  2 4YEONJUN'S POV

C H A P T E R  2 4
YEONJUN'S POV

*winter break already ended*

"Alright bye Jaemin!" I heard Yeji's voice saying goodbye to her friend Jaemin. I was in front of the classroom waiting for her. It was already lunchtime, and my classes ended earlier than hers that's why I waited for her.

"Is he your closest friend in your block?" I asked her. I held her hand, but she immediately pulled it away to get her phone from her pocket.

She didn't answer my question, and she began typing on her phone. I looked at her phone, to see what she was doing. Messaging her friend. Wow. They just parted ways, and now they're texting.

Suddenly, she started laughing and began to type again. We finally arrived at the cafeteria and took our food. I looked at her who was smiling brightly. I wonder if it's because of that Jaemin.

When we sat at our usual table, she took out her phone and began typing again. Me being pissed off because of her actions, I took her phone and put it inside my pocket.

She looked at me, annoyed.

"What?" I said coldly.

"Can't you see I'm talking to someone?" She said.

"Can't you see your food is getting cold?" I said and ignored her cute annoyed face. Once I looked at her while she's like that, I'm sure that I'll end up giving her phone back.

"Hey, Yeji!" I heard the most annoying voice from afar. Great. Just great.

"Jaemin?" Yeji said confused.

"Well, my mom said she couldn't take me out for lunch, so can I eat with you?" He asked.

"Sure," Yeji said while the insides of me are saying no. I just can't say it because we're going to end up arguing about this. That I don't trust her and shit.

The whole lunchtime, only Jaemin and Yeji were talking. I was totally out of place. I couldn't talk because it would be very awkward, and I was very angry about the fact that this guy is sitting with us. Just thinking about talking to him makes my blood boil in anger.

The bell rang, and of course. They're blockmates, so I had to leave them and say goodbye to my girlfriend and head to my class.

When I turned around to walk away, I looked back and saw Jaemin smiling at Yeji. He looked at me and smirked. What the actual fck. I knew it. He has that intention to Yeji.

-

Classes were done, and I was planning to take Yeji out on a coffee and study date since the midterm week is coming up.

Yeji <3

Me: Yeji-ah~
Me: coffee date?

Yeji: awww sorry bub I'm going to finish homework today with my block mates

Me: oh...
Me: you're with Jaemin?

Yeji: yes bub

Me: oh
Me: stay safe

Yeji: yes I will!
Yeji: love uuuu~

Me: love u too <3

Oh shit.

JAEMIN'S POV

Yes, I do like Yeji. I don't care if she has a boyfriend. I like her, and I get what I want.

I never liked her friend, Lia. Well, let's just say I used Lia to be close with Yeji. Call me an asshole sure, but that's me. I did feel kinda guilty about what I did, but I didn't regret it. Yeji and I will never be this close right now if the past with Lia never happened.

I can go to a better school. I can go abroad to study, but I chose to go here. Because this is where Yeji goes to. I was shocked, to know that she's already in a relationship. It's even more shocking that it's with the so-called babe magnet/playboy Choi Yeonjun. Guys like him are just way out of her type.

Her heart's been played by other guys, and I know for sure that she doesn't want another stupid guy to do that to her. I will not do that to her.

We're just here in the library with our block mates, doing some homework. I'm actually done with all that stuff, I just wanted to stay with Yeji. Seeing her makes my problems go away instantly.

She looked very sleepy, and she's closing her eyes every time she gets the chance, but her friend Chaeyeon taps her back to wake her up.

"Gosh I'm very sleepy," Yeji said and rested her head on the table.

I handed her my cup of iced coffee, but she refused to drink it.

"I've been drinking too much caffeine," She said and chuckled. I shrugged my shoulders and rested my head on my hand to watch her wake herself up, by slapping her cheeks lightly. What a cutie.

"Sleep for a bit," I told her, and she shook her head.

"I should finish this," she said and gripped her pen tight.

She closed her eyes and bowed down her head. I laughed, and let her head fall onto my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Just take a nap for a bit, and then continue doing all the schoolwork," I said, and she closed her eyes once again.

"Gosh you look great together," Chaeyeon whispered, and I smiled.

"You're actually better than his boyfriend," one of our block mate said. Well she's stating facts.

"I don't even know what she saw on that Yeonjun guy. He's just way dangerous for her" Another one of our block mates said.

"Anyway, sad life for you Jaemin. You're in the friendzone," Chaeyeon said.

Oh you'll see Chaeyeon. Soon, I'll no longer be in the friendzone. Soon.