Study Partners

C H A P T E R  9LIA'S POV

C H A P T E R  9
LIA'S POV

I can't believe it's already been a month and a half since the first day of college started. I find Medical Technology very hard. It's like studying Science at a whole new extreme level. I'm not going to lie, but I am undeniably good at Science. It's just that learning at an extreme level gives me a headache.

I am currently taking notes from my Anatomy and Physiology subject. It is what I consider the hardest of all. I remember failing the first quiz here, which gave me a breakdown.

"Oh gosh, I can't understand a thing about what he says," Chaeyeon said, who was sitting right beside me.

I was there silent until the bell rang. I let my head fall on my desk, and I closed my eyes. Finally!

Next is Phlebotomy. I forgot to choose a partner yesterday! Oh my goodness, I forgot!

I asked Chaeyeon if she already had a partner, and she said yes, it was her other friend, Chaewon. I understood.

I was panicking when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was. Soobin. The first guy I met here at the university. He smiled at me, and I did the same.

"I heard you still don't have a partner?" He said. I said yes, and I rolled my eyes in frustration, and I heard him chuckle.

"If you don't mind, can you be my partner?" He asked.

I smiled in delight and gladly said yes. Soobin's the nicest person I've met here. He's the most genuine as well, and did I forgot to mention that he is also good-looking? Yeah, he is, and I'm not going to lie about that.

After school, I was already feeling exhausted and drained. Physically and mentally, but I still had to study. I went to the nearest coffee shop and studied there. I decided to skip lunch and just study and drink coffee. Our midterms are coming up, and there will be a long test tomorrow in Chemistry, so I have to study very well.

"Skipping lunch, I see." I heard a familiar voice said.

I put my book down on the table and placed my hands on my chest. I was shocked that my heartbeat started to rise like crazy.

"Did I stun you?" He asked.

"Obviously," I said and took my large cup of coffee.

"You do know that's not healthy?" He asked. I shrugged as if I didn't care.

My eyes widened when he held my wrist as he stood up. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Taking you to a place where you can eat real food?" He said it as if I was stupid to not know.

I pulled my hands back from him and continued to read my Chemistry book.

"I don't have time," I said.

"An empty stomach can make your brain empty. I'm sure you're smart enough to know that," He said. I knew that I'm not winning this, so I gave up and went with him to wherever he was talking about.

We arrived at a Chicken restaurant, and he ordered. Since this place was only new to me, I didn't know what to order.

While waiting for the food, I didn't bother to chitchat with him. Instead, I read my book once again. I heard him sigh, and then all of a sudden, he took my book away from me.

"Hey!" I said.

"We will study later" wait... did he just say we?

"Soobin?" I heard a guy's voice from behind me. I looked back to see who it was, and he looked just like Soobin's age. He was also tall, but not as tall as Soobin.

"Jeno?" Soobin said. I looked at Soobin, and he didn't look happy at all seeing that man.

"How've you been?" He said and did a pound hug.

"Quite well. You know, school." He said.

The man named Jeno sat with us uninvitingly. I was quite surprised with his act, but what surprised me the most is that he sat beside me, not beside Soobin. I felt uncomfortable, knowing that he was only a stranger to me.

I looked at Soobin, who was also looking at me, then he looked at Jeno, and he shook his hand lightly.

"Are you sure it's just school?" He asked Soobin with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah," Soobin said.

"Then who is this beautiful girl sitting beside me?" He asked Soobin and looked at me straight to my eyes. I immediately looked away, feeling awkward.

"She's Lia"

"Who is she to you?" Jeno then asked. Soobin was silent. Why isn't he answering?

"I'm one of his block mates," I answered with a smile on my face.

"Lia. I like your name," He said, placing his elbow up on the table and resting his face on his palm.

"Tell me, Lia, have anyone told you that you're stunningly beautiful?" He asked, biting his lips softly.

I was feeling uncomfortable by now. Luckily, our order was finally served. "Anyway, I have to go. I'll see you both around at the university. Especially you, miss beautiful Lia," He said the last sentence near my ear, which sent shivers down to my spine.

When I made sure Jeno left, I immediately sighed in relief, so as did Soobin.

"Who was that guy?" I asked.

"My nonbiological brother. My mother remarried three years ago," He said while eating his food.

"Oh, I see," I said.

After eating, both of us went straight to the university's library. I don't know why he's still here, stuck with me. But he told me he was going to study too.

After a few minutes of studying, he broke the silence and spoke while massaging his nose bridge. "Uhm... Lia?"

I looked up at him, and I felt everything went slow-mo. The sunlight hitting his face, showing his features more. He was undeniably handsome.

"Lia?" I heard him said again, and I immediately snapped back to my senses.

"Yes?"

"Uhm... if you don't mind, can you explain this more to me?" He pointed out the topic in the book. Luckily, I knew what he was talking about, and I wasn't going to embarrass myself from not knowing that.

After a few minutes of explaining, he finally got it right. I smiled in delight, and he did it as well. I clapped quietly, and he laughed a bit.

"We'll be great study partners," I said.

"Hey, why don't we?" He said and winked at me.

I just felt my heart skip a beat.