Projectiles.

Althea switched on her TV from her couch, munching on a bag of chips. It had been two days since the protest, and she couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious figures. Although they had given her their 'names', she had a gut feeling that those names had just been fake. Nonetheless, she felt they were perfect to describe them.

The TV projected images of violent protests, and of protesters smashing windows and looting stores. Althea furrowed her brow - this wasn't what she saw at the protest yesterday. No doubt that they were staged by undercover cops who wanted to discourage the movement. Althea's phone buzzed and she looked at a twitter notification. There was another protest at 1pm today, and she knew she had to be there.

***

Thousands of protesters marched along the street, chanting "Black lives matter, Black lives matter!" over and over again. The crowd was lead by Althea, who formed a line with others, linking them all by the arm. She realized she could use her privilege, as a woman who had a lighter complexion, to shield her brothers and sisters. 

"Selfish assholes," A girl shouted from the line.

"You haven't suffered enough!" A man screamed

"Pigs!" 

The insults multiplied as everyone from the crowd joined in, screaming and shouting provoking words. Soon, cops on horses began to stand in front of the line of swat cars which were emerging. Swat cops began to exit from the vehicles and stand infront of the horses, forming a line. Each one of them began to murmur something into their walkie talkie as they advanced onto the crowd.

"They're gonna shoot! Get back!" Althea began to run back with the crowd as the echoes of rubber bullets being shot accompanied the screams of terrified protesters filled the streets. Althea briefly turned around and found herself in the view of a cop. He loaded his gun with rubber bullets and shouted something to a fellow cop, which she could barely hear over the screaming but managed to hear "Threat . . ... .... . Shoot .. .. .. $100 .. .. Prize.". Althea scowled in disgust. What kind of inhumane gamble was this? 

Althea began to recover from her shock and began to run. She reckoned she had around two minutes before the horses came for everyone else. She ran, feet kissing the land. A while ago, she would've puked at the idea of running so far and fast, now she was thankful she was able to. However, losing her breath quickly, this girl wasn't fit to run much further. She turned around sharply and saw the cop pull the trigger.

TW: Shooting scene (Mildly Graphic)

The bullet punched it's way through Althea's shoulder, causing a gaping scrape that quickly filled with blood and gushed out. It took a while for her to realize she had been shot, the only thing she could concentrate was escaping. Althea cried out as an immense pain covered her right shoulder. She stumbled and fell to the ground, a pool of blood forming around her shoulder and soaking into her clothes. She closed her eyes in pain and called out for help. Althea cried out as she heard the sound of horses coming closer to her, hoping that they would swerve around her. 

Suddenly, strong arms lifted her up, she felt herself being moved away. She was too weak to move herself, and she was unsure whether the person was a friend or fiend. Althea's vision was blurry, but as she looked up, she saw a dark figure covered in a large mask. Her body felt weak, and she let herself go to sleep.

***

THAT TOOK AGES PLEASE i hope you all enjoy <3

Heyy everyone tysm for 13 views even though its tiny i love every single one of you MWAH

DISCLAIMER: 

I'm very aware of the current things going on in our world, and this fanfic / story isn't meant to make fun of it. ACAB , 1312. Here is a google docs link to MANY (100+) petitions to sign.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11JZ3Y0YD_ctqZyyRvR826SBQC7R_r9xtC2oTEacNP9M/mobilebasic

If you are international and aren't able to sign here are some zip codes to use:

90015 - Los Angeles, California

10001 - New York City, New York

75001 - Dallas, Texas