Illuminating.

⚠️ Mild smut(?) Kissing scene + fluff

"Looks like I've been caught," Riot whispered into the dark, holding his hand around her waist. Althea stared into his bright eyes and placed a hand on his cheek and let out a small laugh.

"Now I've seen your face, am I allowed to know your name?" Althea murmured as he drew his face closer to hers.
"Kaeden," He whispered. Her heart began to beat faster and faster as Kaeden's face came closer to her own. She knew that if he kissed him, she'd never be able to erase it from her memory. Her mind would become wrapped around this small sign of affection towards eachother. So she waited, listening for a moment to the pattern of the rain drizzling outside. Then he kissed her. Maybe time stopped when his lips met hers, but the flutter only intensified. Althea's heart pounded in her chest as her knees got weaker. She could only focus on how soft he felt against her mouth, how addictively he invaded all of her senses.

They both pulled away, panting slightly. The hue on their cheeks only got darker as they stared into each others eyes. Kaeden let out a small grin as he took Althea's hand in his and walked them both to his room. He gently lay her down on the bed and turned her to face him. He wrapped his hands around her waist, planting a small kiss on her forehead and stared into her eyes. Althea was already drifting off to sleep.

***

Althea woke up the next morning feeling groggy and half awake. She felt as if she hadn't slept at all. After taking a moment to wake herself up, she remembered what happened the night before and felt her face flush. She realised that the space next to her bed was empty, and stared at the clock on the wall. 13:40. Shit. She scrambled out of bed and quickly took a soft fern coloured t-shirt and some nike shorts out of the closet and began to change.

Althea realised that the shirt definitely wasn't hers, but it was too late as she walked into the kitchen area of the apartment. As she walked in, the boys turned around quickly. Both Kaeden and Tank, who she hadn't learned the name of yet, had their helmets off. They were sitting on the couch and watching a comedy movie. Tank's fair skin was gleaming from sweat, as he had definitely been working out. He was wearing a simple white shirt and some jeans, yet he didn't look so ordinary in them. His strawberry blonde hair fell over his eyes, which gleamed grey and gave a kaleidoscopic effect as if they were reflecting the colours of the TV.

"Well, you're finally awake." Kaeden spoke, snapping her out of her trance. Althea looked at Kaeden, who had a shy smile on his face as he eyed her up and down.
"I've never known someone to sleep that long," Tank added in an almost bitter tone, causing Althea to roll her eyes. She smelt pancakes and turned to the table, finding some newly cooked ones. She sat on the chair of the table and began to dig in, savouring the blueberry pancakes.
"Well, eat a lot because we're going to need a lot of energy for the protest later today," Kaeden grinned and walked up to the coffee machine, beginning to brew a new cup of coffee. Once it was done, he handed it to Althea, who smiled gratefully. Tank scowled and switched the channel of the TV. Althea didn't know what it was, but she could see something in his eyes. Anger? Regret? Or both?

Tysm to the groupchat on ig for helping me pick names for Riot and Tank! Lmk what you'd like in the next chapter. Something exciting will happen at the protest!