Blameworthy

HI BBYS TYSM FOR 5K READS ILY ALL SO MUCHH <33 Lmk who you want Althea to smash in the comments because the next chapter MIGHT be smut, you never know.... Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter sorry it took so long for me to type i've had some writers block <3 [tysm to my friend who helped me describe Riot in this chapter!!]

Tank opened the door with a slam and took off his gloves. He entered the hallway and heard giggling from the other room. He walked through the door of Riot's room, seeing Riot and Althea on the bed, Riot on top of Althea, who had her hands placed on Riot's helmet. Tank scowled behind his mask and cleared his throat.

"Am I interrupting something?" Tank had his arms crossed and was standing at the open door. Riot jumped off Althea, who's face was flushed.

"No, uh, sorry," She hid her face behind a pillow, looked behind it and shoot Riot a look which said If you don't say something, you're dead.

"We were just- I was just showing Althea where she'd be sleeping tonight," He walked over to Tank.

"Can't you just sleep on a mattress?" Tank stared at Riot as he shrugged and walked out of the room.

"Boy I'm hungry." Althea ran out of the room into the kitchen.

***

Althea chewed on her cereal and stared at Riot, who quickly looked away from her. She felt as if she had messed everything up, and decided she needed to lighten the mood. 

"How about we watch a movie? There's some good ones on Netflix," Althea took her bowl of cereal and sat on the couch. Riot and Tank sat on either side of her, giving each other knowing looks behind their masks. Althea switched on the TV and opened Netflix.

"So what movie are we feeling?" Althea browsed through the options.

"How about Horror?" Tank took the remote from Althea's hands gently and pressed the option for Horror. He browsed through and found one which seemed scary enough.

"I hate horror movies," Althea whined, and grabbed a blanket which she wrapped around herself.

***

Althea jumped as a scene came on the TV of the doll turning its head sharply. She covered her eyes with the blanket. 

"Wow, no kidding when you said you were scared of horror movies," Riot laughed as Althea rolled her eyes and grinned. Tank scowled and looked away as Althea jumped again, this time into Riots arms.

Riot began to play with her hair, and Althea felt herself slowly drifting to sleep.

***

Althea woke up and stared around, she felt foggy and as if she were a zombie. She looked at the TV and found out she'd been asleep for half an hour, and had missed most of the movie.
"Shit," Althea murmured as she realised she was laying on Riot's lap the whole time she'd been asleep. She must have moved in her sleep. Althea hoped that none of them noticed she was awake, but Riot shifted and pulled on her hair by accident.
"OW," Althea cursed as she realised they knew she was now awake.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise i was sitting on your hair," Riot said apologetically, and gently moved her hair away, brushing her face with his hand.
"Well, I'm tired so I'm going to sleep," Tank stood up, and so did Riot.
"I'm going to sleep on the couch, if that's okay" Althea took a pillow and put it behind her head. The boys nodded and walked into their rooms.

***

Althea woke up with a start. She had a nightmare about the protest and shivered. Being careful to not trip on anything, she stood up and made her way to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. She got out a glass and poured some water from the fridge. As she turned around, she saw someone come out of the hallway. At first, she didn't realize who this man was.

He was wearing grey sweatpants and a white top, his dreadlocks were in a low ponytail against his back. His collarbones stood out against his creamy chocolate skin.
After checking him out for far too long, he gazed over to her in the dark. His hazel green eyes pierced her as he stated at her. Althea could see herself getting lost in them for years. Eventually, he cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed that he had been caught without his mask.
"I'm sorry-" Althea coughed and turned around, only to feel a hand gripping her hand. The grip was gentle, but had a strong hold on her. Riot pulled Althea around by her waist and stared into her eyes.
"Looks like I've been caught," Riot whispered into the dark.