C:1

We start hearing a soft clicking sound again. As the man straightens himself in front of them. The women are suddenly engulfed with a dark opaque swirling mist.He is obscured by the dark mass and he hurriedly steps around them. Screams of surprise and fear echo into the air. It dissipates just as quickly as it had appeared. There was no longer any light from the lamp they had carried with them. The women are left in tatters but still alive.

"Hey, I am talking to YOU!" says one of them furiously. He keeps walking paying her no mind.

"Rrrrrrrrr" she screams, attacking him from behind with the sharpened stick. He whirls around fast enough to hold the sharpened edge of the stick in his hand. He breaks the stick like a twig. The woman staggers a bit before her comrades join in to attack. They swat, jab, and swing attempting to injure him.

He evades all the hits, blocking when he has too. One by one he snaps each stick easily. Now with only shortened sticks, the women try to assault him all at once. He merely blocks again punching and kicking with his other free appendages. Each woman falls to the ground seemingly knocked out or stunned by such force.

We gasp as we bear witness of the assault on a unarmed man and his violent response. He gets closer to the camera, giving us one last good look at his impressive visage. An older lady screams somewhere in the crowded stadium "No, No, Nooooo!!!!" I hear her anguish, surprise and fear. I scan the crowd to see who it was but the the huddle of bodies make it difficult to pinpoint where the voice is coming from.

The anchorman was strangely quiet the whole time. "Errm, it seems that a fight has broken out for some reason and we are unsure of the circumstances that incite this type of response to this man " he elaborates.

One of the girls on the floor start to twitch noticeably, the man nonchalantly steps over their defeated bodies. She grabs a small stump of a stick and we watch surprised that she can even move. She starts stabbing the ankle and foot of the man as he passes by her.

Walking adonis stops and looks behind him, his expression hidden in darkness. He swiftly stoops over  dangling the assailant by her head. She whimpers and mumbles something that the camera mic can't discern. We hear an audible pop, looking around the frame to look for where the sound may have originated. The girl was still dangling whole, thank the lord. But I noticed that the Adonis has his mouth open wide .

I gag a little, his jaw was visibly elongated downward. He must have popped his own jaw out. His mouth was a gaping black hole full of shiny black somethings because there were or are not any pearly whites in there anymore.

Before the anchorman could cut the live footage. Adonis became a terrifying demon, he promptly bit down on the woman's neck.

Blood spurted everywhere, sprinkling the ground and him with the soft rain of her liquid life.

A disgusting crackle from her cervical neck bones being torn apart resounded in the stadium.

With a slight jerking motion from the demon's head, a pop like a fleshy cork was heard. Her body dropped down on the ground slowly draining her remaining blood. Only her head remained within his grasp, he spit out the mangled mess of her throat onto the ground. Before dumping her head on her corpse, the ground and him stained with dark glistening blood.

The news station pivoted to the anchorman who was red faced saying"Now we will cut to
commercials" A low wail of frightened children and praying adults filled the air. I turned to comfort my own children, kissing and hugging away their fear. My own fear growing, what are we going to do?

My phone rings and an unknown number flashes on the screen. I answer, expecting a wrong number type of phone call.

Me: Hhello?

Person: Hi, is this Mrs. Montez?

M: yes??

P: This is the state emergency response team responsible for the allocation and relocation of families during state and county emergency. You are a family of 5 from the paper work you have provided for us and are eligible for first serve basis based on the vulnerable members in your family. Unfortunately today you will not be given a temporary residence. Given the changing circumstances of this emergency, it is best for you and your family to stay at the stadium. But tomorrow we will update you on where and when you will have emergency shelter elsewhere. Thank you for your understanding.

M: No, thank you.

I guess judging from the live tv footage it would be unwise to send a ton of people out at the same time into town in case one of them runs into the demon.

Other peoples cell phones started ringing around me. I am certain they will receive the same news. We will all have to hunker down in the shelter until tomorrow.