4: c⃣o⃣l⃣d⃣ s⃣o⃣b⃣a⃣

a few good days had passed, meaning now it was the weekend

a few good days had passed, meaning now it was the weekend. kurogiri had also texted you saying that he might found a lead to all this madness.

he also told you to try and figure out if they remember anything before they turned into kids. perhaps, jog their memory a bit.

in these past few days, you weren't exactly able to get them to remember anything, so you thought that maybe bringing them outside would help.

since today was saturday, you decided to take the kids out to actually somewhat socialize and get to see the world a bit.

"ready to go guys??"

"yes mom~"

"mhm"

"yeah"

and a nod from dabi.

heading out, you held onto toga and twice's hand, while dabi and shigaraki reluctantly held on to toga and twice's.

you decided to bring them to the zoo, after an early lunch. entering the soba restaurant, you told toga and twice to go get a table while you, dabi, and shigaraki ordered.

you were moving up in line with shigaraki's hand in your, while dabi didn't move at all. you gently tapped his shoulder, wondering if something was wrong.

he quickly whipped his head towards you, pointing at a boy who looked a few years younger than you.

white and red hair, split perfectly in the middle. heterochromatic eyes. a scar on his left eye area. todoroki shoto. you recalled him from watching the U.A. sports festival. he placed second but you thought he could've placed first.

apparently you stared too long and he noticed, looking back at you. 'maybe dabi might remember something since he said he's a todoroki'. 

you simply smiled at him and went to order the food. once you got the food and arrived at your table, you noticed you five sat a table away from him.

you told dabi to run towards him and ask for his signature because he's a fan. he complied and once he did, you played your role.

"ah! im so sorry for my kid. he's just a big fan of you from watching you from the sports festival!!", you quickly apologized to the peppermint todoroki.

"oh. it's fine". he pulled out a pen from his pocket and signed a paper i handed him.

"thank you so much!!", you smiled while pulling dabi's hand. he didn't move. he kept looking at him, as if he wanted to say something.

"it's okay. he can stay. he reminds me of my-", he suddenly stopped mid sentence.

you thanked him again before leaving dabi to sit with the youngest todoroki. while you are with the other 3, you kept an eye on dabi.

about half an hour later, it was time to leave. you got up, with the little ones walking beside you.

"let's go todo", you said, calling his public name.

he simply nodded and waved goodbye to the other todoroki. you gave him a nod and a smile and picked dabi up.

he never really liked being picked up by you, or in general, but this time he let you.

"so, how was it?"

"fine".

"just fine?"

he sighed, before laying his head on your shoulder. you decided not to push it and walked with the kids to the nearest station so you could take them to the zoo like you promised.

'one step at a time. one step at a time'.