21: o⃣d⃣i⃣l⃣e⃣

there was another week until the ballet concert and until kurogiri gives you the concoction to fixing all of this

yet again, you can't help but feel sorrow. you honestly loved spending time with the four of them, as kids.

and they didn't want to grow up either. would it truly be so bad for them to stay the way they are?

"okay! now for those that are auditioning for odette, line up here please", inko said.

the ballet performance was basically swan lake but kid friendly.

toga was also lined up, waving at you. you waved back, smiling at her.

dabi and twice both wanted to try out for prince siegfried while shigaraki wanted to just be one of the background danseur.

you wished them all luck as you'd be proud of them no matter what.

"okay, #5, your turn!", inko said, watching everyone perform on the small stage.

after about an hour or two, everyone was finally done auditioning. inko took about 30 minutes to decide as she wanted it to be fair.

"okay little ones!! i just wanted to say that everyone did a really good job. and regardless of the results, i'm proud of all of y'all", inko said with a smile.

toga waited nervously. she was sitting on your lap with twice, dabi, and shigaraki next to you.

"for the white swan, odette, we have fujiwara ayako!", inko announced.

toga immediately pouted and sagged into you. you hugged her tighter and kissed her forehead, telling her that it's okay.

"for prince siegfried, we have todoroki zenko!"

little todoroki bowed while mini bakugo was fuming. you had assumed that he also wanted the role. you patted both twice and dabi's head, reassuring them.

"and for von rothbart the villain, we have nise todo!" dabi looked up, grinning widely. not exactly what he wanted, but still an important part.

"for the black swan, odile, we have nise himi!", inko said, making toga perk up.

it wasn't the swan she wanted but it was still one of the main characters.

"see? told you you'd play an important role", you said as you booped her nose.

toga giggled happily and ran up to the stage to get her costume. it was a black ballerina tutu. the skirt portion was made of black feathers and there was a jeweled headpiece that came along with it.

"for wolfgang, the prince's tutor, we have nise jin!!" twice also looked up, running up to grab his costume.

benno, the prince's friend, ended up being played by little bakugo. and the queen of the prince was played by some random girl.

shigaraki ended up being one of the background danseurs like he wanted.

everyone was happy.

"good job guys! i'm so proud of all of you guys", you said as you gave each of them a kiss on the cheek.

as celebration, you took them out for ice cream.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ yeet █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

"am i allowed to use my fire and burn odette?", dabi asked as he licked his chocolate flavored ice cream.

"are you trying to kill someone?", shigaraki asked, eating his vanilla ice cream.

toga happily licked her rainbow ice cream while twice got cookies and cream.

"well that von rotter is a major villain! so what else am i suppose to do? dance around my own flames?", dabi retorted.

"it's von rothbart, you cretin", said shigaraki.

"well at least i'm a main character!", dabi boasted.

shigaraki scoffed. "you're playing toga's father. i don't know how much better it can get for you".

dabi scowled as you just chuckled at their daily banter.

it was times like these that made your heart warm.

"what flavor do you have, mama?", toga asked.

"mint chocolate chip. wanna try some?", you asked. toga nodded her head as you took your spoon and fed her some.

"i want some too, mama!!"

"me two!"

"me three!!"

you shook your head and sighed. you gave them all a taste and dabi started eating yours. why did you even bother buying them their own?

"now let's get you all some makeup for the ballet performance", you said as they were finishing eating their ice creams.

"why? my face is perfect the way it is!", dabi said.

"so is mine!", said twice.

"and mine!", toga said.

"can't say that about mine", shigaraki quietly mumbled.

"aw baby. you're the cutest of them all", you said, picking shigaraki up and giving him a kiss.

"HEY!!", all three of them yelled.

you carried shigaraki while the rest of the three walked behind you to the car.

shigaraki stuck out his tongue at the three. the three scowled and one even flipped him off.

"alright ugly ducklings, time to get in the car", you said.

"MOM, we're SWANS!"