10: s⃣a⃣t⃣l⃣y⃣ w⃣a⃣t⃣e⃣r⃣

after the encounter with the wannabe heroes, you mentally noted that you needed to be more careful with where you took the kids

recently, all of the kids seemed to have remembered something of their past, but dabi and shigaraki seems to be the closest ones to activating their quirk like they used to.

you needed to jog their memory more, but you weren't exactly sure how to do it since you weren't exactly close with the league...and you didn't pry into their past.

deciding to interview them one on one, you started with twice first. bringing him into toga's room, where you currently resided, you sat him down on the bed and tried to word what you were about to say as non-awkwardly as possible.

"jin, you know i'm here for you right? and that i won't ever judge you, yeah?", you started out by saying something that'll make him feel assured.

he nodded. "so can you tell me, what do you remember? or what are the voices telling you in your head?", you asked.

"w-what do you mean?", he stuttered.

"you said you heard voices in your head right? what are they saying now?"

"...u-um...they're not always there. they only appear sometimes..."

"like when?"

"umm..it's mostly like when i'm making decisions..."

"what decisions? like big or little or everyday decisions?", you continued asking.

"like..."

"hm?", you looked at him confused.

"like...whether i should be talking to you about this or not", he replied. you weren't exactly sure what to say, as you've never really had voices in your head. a conscious, but never a voice.

"talk to me about...". you decided to pry further, hoping to get an idea of what's going on inside his head.

"about...one of them says for you to go away. another one says we'll tell you. i-i don't know which one to listen to...", he said honestly.

'if i recall correctly, the times I've met adult twice, he did speak like there was two different people talking, most of the time...', you thought while little jin just looked at you.

maybe speaking like that isn't a drawback of his quirk, but something traumatic happened to make him speak contradictory to himself.

"in that case, we can talk when both of your voices agree. thank you jin, could you go bring me dabi please?", you asked sweetly before giving him a pat on his head.

nodding and quickly scurrying out of the room, soon a little dabi walked in.

if you remembered, when you first met him, he said something about todoroki. 'perhaps that's a good place to start!'

"dabi, how are you?"

"fine", he said while looking down at the bed sheets.

"is...something the matter?"

"no. not really", he shortly replied again.

"hm? is it about the boy, todoroki?" he stopped fumbling with the sheets for a moment before continuing.

"yeah"

"dabi, you know you can talk to me about anything and everything right?", you said as you patted his head. combing through his red hair.

"mhm....it's just that...", he sighed. he then held one of his hand out and a burst of blue flames appeared.

"do you think my flames are disgusting?", he asked while still looking at the dancing fire.

"no, i told you it was beautiful, remember?"

"yeah...but every time i think of shouto, it makes me hurt a little inside. and when i look in the mirror, i wish i looked different...i feel like i look so w-weak...and p-pathetic", he said as droplets of tears began to fall down onto the sheets.

you pulled dabi onto your lap, enveloping him into a hug. patting his back, you tried to sooth his sobs.

"dab—touya, i'm not exactly sure what happened but you're not weak or pathetic. i know that you will grow up to be a very determined man one day. and you will show those who think you are any less than what you are, absolute hell".

his little arms wrapped tighter around you, sniffling here and there.

"and touya, from now on, let's officially call you dabi. also, if you don't like how you look, we can always dye your hair. i think black would be a pretty good color", you suggested, smiling.

he looked up at you with his red puffy eyes and quivering lips, slowly bringing them to a smile. nodding his head eagerly, he seemed to have liked the idea.

you would buy a whole cart of black hair dye for a cute face like his. you were just going to keep this a secret from kurogiri until he came back from his mission.

smiling back at dabi, you laid him down on the bed, tucking him in. 'he must be exhausted after crying', you thought as his eyes closed.

as you were about to get up, you felt a small hand wrap around hand.

"can you stay?", he quietly asked. 'fuck, my heart is weakkkkkkkk'

"sure"

you leaned on your side, facing little dabi. patting his back rhythmically, his breathing became more stabilized.

'maybe a little nap won't hurt', you thought as your eyelids began to fall and your patting became slower and slower until your arm stopped and just wrapped around dabi.

you gave a quick kiss to his forehead before falling deep into slumber.