7: s⃣c⃣a⃣r⃣e⃣d⃣?

after spending the day at the beach with your four kids, you ended up exchanging numbers with overhaul to schedule future play dates for eri and toga

"mommy, you don't like him right...?", little twice asked you while pulling on your pants to get your attention.

"who?"

"eri's dad!", toga answered happily.

"w-what no!"

"mhm", shigaraki said as he gripped his water bottle slightly tighter. he was sitting on the couch while you were in the kitchen preparing dinner.

"mmm...m-mom?!"

"yes? what's wrong??", you asked as you walked over to where shigaraki was sitting.

he pointed at the floor, where a small pile of dust laid. not sure whether he should be happy or freaked out that his quirk kicked in, he sat there not moving.

you had already prepared for this as you went into shigaraki's room to get some gloves that you bought, cutting the first four finger covering fabric off.

helping him put on those gloves, you explained to him what his quirk was.

"your quirk's called disintegration. when all five of your fingers touch something, it disintegrates. as long as you hold things with four fingers or wear these gloves, you don't have to worry about disintegrating anything".

"do I have to wear these?", he asked, looking down at the black gloves.

"until you can learn to control your quirk, you'll wear them".

he nodded in understanding before running off. you went back to cooking some rice with vegetables and meat. it was simple but healthy.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ yeet █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

after dinner, you hustled everyone to take a shower so they could sleep early and wake up for lessons tomorrow morning.

"u-umm...m-mommy?"

"yes?". by now, you've already gotten used to being called a mom, despite being only in your early twenties.

"c-can you help me take a bath??", shigaraki asked. you understood that he was probably scared he'd disintegrate something by accident.

taking his gloved hand in yours, you tried not to be awkward about it as you filled the bath tub with warm water and bubbles while he stripped.

as he slipped into the tub, you rinsed his soft baby blue hair. closing his eyes, you took shampoo and rubbed it into his hair then rinsing it out. you proceeded to do the same with conditioner, making his hair even more soft.

"are you scared of me?", he suddenly asked, as you got the soap ready to wash his back.

"are you going to leave me just like everyone else?"

"no, why would i?". 'maybe his memory is coming back too'.

"liar", he mumbled, yet you heard it loud and clear. this shigaraki was different. he was not the irritated man-child you first met. he is very vulnerable, and affection-starved. perhaps he always was but never had anyone to give him the affection he never thought he needed.

a wash of pity overfilled your heart.

"im not. I'll stay by you until you don't need me anymore", you responded with a genuine tone.

you'd be lying if you said you hadn't built somewhat of a special bond with these kids in the past week.

"promise?", his little voice said, bringing you out of your thoughts.

"i promise", you said as you smiled at him.

you took a towel and told him to stand up so you could dry him off and get him ready for bed.

carrying him out of the bathroom dressed, you brought him into his room, gently laying him down on his bed with the others.

he was the last one to shower, thus the rest were already asleep.

you were about to leave when he grabbed your hand with his gloved hand.

"you promised you'd stay with me", he said quietly. you sighed, giving a smile before sitting on the floor, next to the bed.

he closed his eyes, sleeping on his side, facing towards you while you patted his back, soothing him and his worries.

after a while, his breathing was steady and small snores were heard.

"goodnight shigaraki".

you then kissed his forehead like you did every night and left to go sleep.