• Chapter Nine •

As I jolt out of sleep, I look over toward my clock on the wall, blinking away the sleep from my eyes. 7:50.

"Crap!" I yelled as I jumped out of bed. "I'm late, I'm so late."

I ran around my room frantically trying to get myself ready. I sprinted into my bathroom, washed my face, brushed my hair, threw it into a bun and ran back out to get dressed.

I shoved on my denim jeans, threw on a plain shirt with a grey Jersey and my converse.

I ran down stairs, grabbed a banana and my book bag and called out for my mom.

"Mom! We're late!"

"I know!" She said stumbling down the stairs. Her hair is also in a bun, her dress shirt is untucked, she is shoeless and she has papers tucked under her arm. She still looks half asleep.

"I fell asleep and forgot to put my alarm on." She said running to get her work bag.

"We were supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago." I babbled out. Running to get her shoes and cell phone as an attempt to help her get ready faster.

When I handed them to her, she had her shirt tucked in and her papers in her bag.

"Okay, lets go."

We hurried out to the car and scrambled into our seats and put on our seat belts.

8:02.

I have eight minutes until the late bell rings. Great.

My school's first bell rings at eight, but the late bell rings at ten past eight. Thankfully the ride to school only takes ten minutes. So, I'll be two minutes 'late'. If I sprint I might be able to get there while others file in. Luckily I have my books with me, because I had home work for my first period the night before. I'll get the others from my locker in between classes.

My mom stopped at the entrance and I gave her a kiss on the cheek goodbye. I sprinted inside, trying to get my bag secured on my back. I ran down the hall toward the Biology lab. Thankfully, as I had hoped, I made it to the door as soon as the last few people were about to enter.

"Thank you God." I said panting. This is too much stress for me to handle on a Thursday morning.

"You okay?" Ethan asked from beside me, with a mocking smile.

"Running a bit late. No big deal." I said smiling as we took our seats.

I can't go through that even one more time. I'm never forgetting to set my alarm again.

Archer was watching me from across the class room. He was wearing his usual smirk, probably fully aware of my panicked state. I just rolled my eyes at him and let out a sigh. He chuckled lowly at my response, then turned his attention back to the board.