• Chapter Twenty One •

I am officially finished with my final exams. They last three weeks have been difficult and long, but I survived. I'm confident that I did well, but we will only get our final grades two weeks from now.

What my school does is: after we have finished with finals and all of our senior duties we have the next two weeks off of school, before we have to come back for the last day of school to receive our last report card.

Due to the two week 'holiday', Caitlyn had the amazing idea that our whole group should go away to the beach house, that her family owns, for the next week.

The house is only two hours away from where we live, is huge and sits right on the beach. I've been there once with Caitlyn, her family and my family, when I was fifteen.

Everyone is super excited about the whole thing, including me. The only problem is that I had to convince my family to allow me to go. They weren't extremely happy about the fact that my boyfriend would be going with us and that I'd be staying under the same roof as him, but I promised that I'd behave. They eventually caved and agreed to let me go. After all I'm almost eighteen and can take care of myself. I've never done anything to betray their trust.

This brings us to now. It is six in the morning and I'm doing some last minute packing. Archer will be arriving to pick me up with both Cody and Devin in the car as well.

We've all decided that we'd take three cars down to the coast: Archer's, Ethan's and Jake's, because there are a lot of people coming with. It'll be me, Archer, Cody, Devin, Ethan and his boyfriend, Erin and her boyfriend, Alice and Caitlyn. The two guys that we met at the pizza parlor (Eli and Martin) are going with us as well, but a day after we arrive and in their own car.

Caitlyn has been hanging out with Eli for the last three weeks, whenever she gets a chance, and things have been going well. I've met him a few times and I can honesty say that I approve.

Back out of my thoughts, I zip up my bag after doing my fifth and final check of what I needed. I picked it up and headed for downstairs to leave my bag by the door, ready for when we go. I ran back upstairs to get my other bag, which contains things for the car ride, and my phone.

When I pass my mirror in my room I take one last look at my appearance. I went with a pair of light denim shorts and a plain white shirt, because of the warm weather at the coast. I did however grab Archer's jacket, the one he let me use that night after his match, to use while we were still experiencing our cold weather.

I walked over to my parent's room and slowly creaked open the door

I walked over to my parent's room and slowly creaked open the door. I stepped inside and made my way over to where they were still asleep and gently woke them up to say goodbye.

"Bye mommy, bye daddy. Love you guys." I said softly giving them both a hug and a kiss on the head. They both returned my goodbye.

"Let us know that you get there safe and remember to check up with us as often as possible." My dad instructed.

"And be safe, Aurora." My mom added.