• Chapter Ten •

"So, are you going to Archer's match tomorrow?" Caitlyn asked me as she chewed on some popcorn.

I haven't seen Caitlyn enough lately, so I invited her to spend Friday afternoon at my house. We've been talking about all sorts of random things, while eating a bunch of crap, for the last two hours.

"Yeh, he invited me yesterday."

"So, should I even bother asking you if you'll come with the rest of us to Jamie's party. It's tomorrow night." She looked at me innocently.

I enjoy the occasional social or house party, but sometimes it's just too much for my nerves. There are large amounts of people, which are mostly drunk.

"I don't know Caitlyn..."

"Devin is going after Archer's match, he said that he was going to try convince Archer to go as well. He said that Cody won't need much convincing." She said in an attempt to persuade me.

"It starts at six. That's an hour after Archers match." She continued. "Arriving late is obviously not a big deal."

"Um, I'll think about it."

"Com'on. Everybody knows that 'I'll think about it' means no." She's right, that's what it means, I was just hoping that she wouldn't pick up on that. "Tell me you're coming, right now." She insisted.

Ugh, I hate it when she does this. I feel too bad to say no and she knows this.

Maybe it'll be good for me to loosen up for a change, take a break from the norm, maybe dance a bit...

"Ugh... Okay." I caved. "You owe me." She laughed in victory.

"No, you owe me for opening you up to such experiences." She joked.

I shoved her over, while we laughed.

*~*
Today is match day.

Caitlyn informed me that Archer and Cody agreed to join Devin, myself and the group to the party, but I'm still a little nervous about going.

I had to pick an outfit that was party worthy, but appropriate to wear in front of all the boxing lovers at the club.

So, I went with an off the shoulder, white crop top; ripped, light denim jeans and my white sneakers.

I'm currently staying in Archers prematch room, watching Devin and Cody pretend fight with each other

I'm currently staying in Archers prematch room, watching Devin and Cody pretend fight with each other. They look ridiculous, but adorable. Devin has his hands up, protecting his face, while Cody dies the same bouncing around Devin like he's about to strike.

"Guys, enough." I said through giggles. "We should start heading for our seats, Archer will be starting soon."

They stopped and looked at me disappointed. Devin punched Cody in the shoulder when he was still turned looking at me.