Chapter 25

'Xian. 19 years old.
Born on April 14th, 1851.
Died on April 14th, 1870 at 19th hour 42nd minute.
Cause of death Suffocation. '
Jun read the details given on the envelope.

"Time to go. " Jun said looking at Yeo.

"The juniors want to see you off. " Yeo said.

"Don't let them slack off. " Jun said.

"Yes, master. " Yeo said with a chuckle and bowed to Jun.

Jun shook his head and disappeared into thin air.

........................................................................

Xian enjoyed his day. After having a delicious lunch with his siblings, he went out to play with the kids. He then came back home and was again welcomed by a delicious aroma. His jie had cooked his favorite meal again.
The three siblings happily had their dinner, teasing and bickering was no exception between the brothers.

Xian was very tired and sleepy. He was dozing off on the dining table itself, which made both Yanli and Cheng chuckle.

"A-Xian, go to your room. " Yanli said.

"Yes, I don't want to carry you again. " Cheng said.

"Aish! Even I don't want to be carried by you. " Xian said in a sleepy voice.
"Jie... I'll go sleep now... "
Saying so Xian walked to his room.

He entered the room and closed the door behind. He was welcomed by the cold breeze from the window which made him shiver.
'Why's it soo cold and... a bit creepy today? '
He looked around. The room was too dark, it was like this everyday, but he somewhat felt a bit uncomfortable because of the darkness that day, so he decided to light a lamp.

Little did he know that there was a man, standing at the corner of his room, observing his every movement.

Jun had come to Xian's house a few minutes ago and waited for Xian in his room. He stood at a corner in Xian's room and waited for Xian.

Xian's face wasn't clearly visible to Jun as the room was very dark and Jun hadn't used any of his powers yet. Jun saw Xian lighting the lamp, but he could only see his back. Something about this boy got him curious. So, he silently moved forward to examine the boy's face.

As soon as Xian's face came in sight with Jun's eyes... The entire world froze for Jun. Everything in his eyes went dark, except for Xian, who glowed brightly. The angle of death, Jun felt his heart beat for the first time in centuries and his eyes teared up for an unknown reason. He felt a sudden warmth wrap his cold body.

He unconsciously took a step closer to Xian and that's when Xian turned around. His eyes met Jun's and Jun felt his entire body get electrified for a second.

Xian who lighted the lamp felt a cold presence near him. A presence which may seem eerie to others felt warm despite it's cold nature to Xian. Xian turned around when he heard a footstep and the warmth of the cold presence getting closer and that's when his eyes landed on the handsome man in black.

Xian's world stopped as soon as their eyes met. His heart raced and he felt a strange pain hit him, which brought tears in his eyes. Xian unconsciously took a step closer to the man in black.

Jun who noticed Xian taking a step closer quickly came out of his daze.
He was shocked. He was very shocked.
'His eyes... Our eyes met. Can he see me? B-But how? '
Jun wondered. No one can see a grim reaper when they are still alive. It's only the soul of a dead person that can see a reaper.

Jun's agitated face brought Xian out of his daze. He shook his head to clear his thoughts.
'Who's he? When did he come here and how? ' Xian wondered.