Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

When I awoke, the first thing I noticed was that the pain in my head was gone.

The second thing I noticed was the sound of someone snoring very softly.

The third was Slendy's arm, casually draped over my waist.

I lay on my side facing the edge of the bed. Slendy lay behind me, his face nuzzled in my hair and his arms loosely holding me. With each snore I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, causing my hair to flutter gently.

I concentrated very hard on keeping still, not wanting to disturb him. For some reason it had never occurred to me that he needed sleep, just like the rest of us. 'Poor thing, I'm sure he's exhausted,' I thought, remembering how he'd told me that healing did a number on his strength. I was thankful to be rid of the gash in the back of my head, but I still felt a little guilty.

I glanced around the room, taking in my surroundings. It was a dingy little bedroom, probably only about ten feet wide and covered in dust and cobwebs. The bed we lay in was against the center if the back wall. Opposite the bed was a door leading out in to what looked like a small living room. Based on the lighting in the room I guessed that there was a shuttered window in the wall I was facing away from.

Wondering what time it was, I tried, every so gently and slowly, to twist my wrist so I could see my watch face. I muffled sigh came from behind me. Crap, I woke him up.

"Sky?" He sat up, pulling his hands back to himself. I rolled over and looked up at him. Sometime while I'd been asleep he'd removed his jacket and tie. His white dress shirt was crumpled a bit an the top few buttons were undone. Having never seen him dressed casually, it seemed almost strange to me.

"How're you feeling?" he asked, brushing my hair back.

"Surprisingly good considering I had my brains bashed out this morning," I said. "Thank you."

He smile down at me. "Of course."

Awkward silence.

"So..." I said, not quite sure what to say.

"You kissed me," he said bluntly.

I blushed. "Yeah, guess I did. But you kissed me back."

Slendy turned his head and looked towards the window. "I did, didn't I?"

"Yeah..."

Another awkward silence.

"So... " I repeated.

"Something on your mind little one?" He turned his head back at me and tilted it to the side, staring at me without eyes.

"I just... Don't know what to say," I admitted sheepishly.

"Then don't say anything."

I rolled my eyes. Like that was gonna work for me. "So... Have you ever kissed a human before?"

He continued to stare at me. "No."

"Anyone at all?"

"No."

"Oh.... Well I'm honored to be your first then," I said.

The obvious awkwardness in my voice made him chuckle. "I wonder what my family would say?" he wondered aloud.

"About you kissing a human?" I asked.

"About me having... feelings... for a human," he said slowly.

"Oh." I was stunned. I hadn't actually expected him to really feel anything for me. After all, he was the Slender man! I was just a boring high schooler! It didn't make sense. Slendy had continued to stare at me and I realized he was waiting for me to say something. "Um... I have feelings for you too," I mumbled, looking down. I looked up when his lips brushed my forehead.

"That's what I was hoping," he smiled. He slid off the edge of the bed and stood up. Holding out his hand to me he asked, "Ready to go home?"

I blinked, surprised at the sudden subject change. "Uh, yeah. I'm not a bloody mess, am I?" I asked, looking myself over.

Slendy appraised me for a moment. "You look beautiful."

I blushed again. "That doesn't answer my question," I said quietly.

"You're fine," he said with a sigh.

"Thanks." I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet. One instant of slender walking later and we were in my bedroom.

Be bent and gently pressed his lips to mine. "Be safe my little Sky," he said. It sounded like an order.

And then he was gone.

I went into the bathroom to inspect my condition. "That lier," I rolled my eyes. My hair was a mess, matted with blood and in tangles that scared me just looking at them. I groaned, deciding that a shower was the only help for it now - that or an electric razor. Remarkably my clothes were fine, if not a little wrinkled. The black shirt and red jeans hid any spots of blood, if there were any. I shed them and tossed them in the hamper. I took inventory of the rest of my body. No bruises or cuts that I could see. Again I thanked my lucky stars for Slendy's magical healing powers.

By the time I was getting out of the shower, I was ready for bed. It was a little early still, but I'd had a rough day. No one could begrudge me a little extra sleep. I deserved it.