Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

There was a loud clatter in my room and I sat up in my bed quickly. "What the hell?" I exclaimed. Unable to see without my contacts, I rolled over and scrambled for my glasses. I shoved them on my face and looked around my room frantically. "Slendy?" I asked a little surprised as I took in his tall form silhouetted against the scant amount of moonlight coming through my window.

"Sky, I have a problem," he said and I heard the urgency in his voice.

"And it couldn't wait till morning?" I groaned.

"No."

"Well, what is it?" I yawned.

"My brothers are coming to visit." He said it like it was a death sentence.

"Is that bad?" I asked.

"Yes," he hissed.

"And again, this couldn't wait till morning?"

"Technically two am is morning."

"Slendy."

The Slender man groaned and flopped down face first next to me on my bed. "You have no idea what my brothers are like," he complained, his voice muffled.

I rolled over and snuggled up against him. "They honestly can't be that bad," I said.

"That's where you're wrong. They are so annoying I wish that it were actually possible for me to die, so that I could throw myself off a cliff."

"You can't die?" I asked curiously.

"That's not the point Sky."

"Just curious," I mumbled.

He sighed, "Well I guess technically I could die, but it would be really, really hard to kill me."

"Hm, good to know," I said.

Slendy turned his head and just stared at me. "You don't get it, do you?"

I sighed and kissed his forehead. "It's gonna be okay Slendy," I tried to comfort him, "I've got your back."

He actually chuckled, but it still sounded sad. "Oh my sweet little one, I would not submit you to such torture."

"I'm volunteering," I said.

"You don't know what you're saying," he said.

"Well I guess I'll find out then, won't I?"

He shook his head. "You're really serious, aren't you?"

"As the plague," I assured him.

He kissed me, pinning me against the mattress. I was surprised by his sudden attack, but I liked it. I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. When he finally pulled away, we were both panting. "Sorry, I needed that," he mumbled sheepishly.

"Don't apologize," I rolled my eyes at him. "This may come as I shock, but I actually enjoy it." He chuckled and laid his head on my chest. We lay there for a moment before I said, "Not that I'm not glad you're here and all, but once again, why couldn't this wait till morning?"

"Because they're coming tomorrow."

"Oh. Short notice, huh?"

"No kidding."

"Are they..." I started to ask, but hesitated.

"What is it?" he prompted, stroking my cheek.

"Are they... going to have a problem with me... being human?" I finished my thought.

He frowned, "Not if they know what's good for them." He wrapped his arms around me protectively and I giggled.

"If you say so," I said and snuggled up closer to him. He was so warm and it was so cold for early December, I welcomed the heat. "Stay, please," I whispered, hoping I wasn't going to far.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't leave. Stay with me tonight."

"Technically it's morning."

"Please?"

He sighed and kissed my cheek, "If you insist," he said. He unbuttoned his jacket and tossed it on my desk. Loosening his tie, he threw it on top. He unbuttoned the top couple buttons of his dress shirt and then climbed under the covers with me and held me against his chest. "Now sleep my little one, we've got a big day tomorrow," he murmured, gently removing my glasses and placing them on my bedside table.

I nuzzled my face against the skin that was exposed where his shirt was unbuttoned. "G'night," I murmured.

"Good night my precious Sky," I heard him say right before I drifted off to sleep.