The Ghost In My Attic

Just as promised in the previous chapter, the one responsible for the beautiful fan art above is InamorataFeels 💖🙌... She is just too amazing and supportive 😭💖🙌...

I would also like to give a special shout out to one of my silent readers iretomwa 😅💖🙌
I see you 😉. But thanks for the votes tho💯💖🙌.  Means a lot 😩💖🙌

************

"So you mean to tell me you are dead? " her small voice cuts the silence, and I take a deep breath.

"Yes, but I am definitely not an evil spirit. " I reply.

"I don't believe you. "She says, and I raise a brow.

I look at her sternly at the sound of these words. She doesn't believe me!? That's a lie. I know she does. She senses it. 

Whenever I walked past her, said things, floated by, or tried to connect with her soul, I know she felt it. She knows I'm a ghost. Yet she is saying she doesn't believe??

"I don't need to prove what you already know. "I reply, and I watch her face squeeze into a thick frown and then I decide to pull the stunt.

I change from my human form to my cat form, and then back.

She screams as she jumps and thunder strikes at that exact moment, exact time. Something about that thunder wasn't right.

A lot of things about that thunder weren't right.

Firstly, It wasn't normal, and I sensed strange energy from Laina. Like she caused it.

Has my stone affected her? After all, she is the first human to touch a bluestone. 

I finally look back at her after looking away from the window. To find her still glaring at me with wide eyes.

Wait, all this while she hadn't realized I was a ghost!??

"Laina, calm down," I say as I stand up and try to move towards her.

"Stay away! " she yells and suddenly for the first time in 15 messed up years, I felt... Pain. A different type of pain.

The Pain shot from my stomach through the whole of my system like electricity.

Even when I was fading, I didn't feel this type of pain.
She's scared of me!

The best thing I could do at this moment is to calm her. My Way. Although I swore never to use my powers to manipulate the one I love, I have no other choice as, if I don't do this, she might compromise my mission and secrets.

I look into her eyes. Her soul is familiar with me, but not her body. Her soul happily and instantly connects with me, but I feel a different surge of energy.

Her soul feels stronger and deeper. I can't understand. Nonetheless, I plead with her soul to calm her and it does just that.

I watch Laina melt like ice exposed the heat, and once see she is calm, she asks another question as she takes her seat.

"Where is Sonia now? "

" I honestly don't know. That's the reason I'm still here. Or even got here in the first place. "

" I thought ghosts are meant to know everything?"

" Yes we are, but... The Supreme authority of the other side chose to make this hard for me.

I can't see what happened here during my passage to the other world, getting my stone, and being assigned my mission. "I reply a bit annoyed.

"Stone? "She questions and I nod while pointing at the stone still in her hand.