It Ends Here😪

Estevan's POV;

I turn around and find Laina standing with her lips parted. The expression of shock on her beautiful face and tears gushing out of her eyes.

I watch in horror as she falls to the ground, and begins to struggle to get air into her system.

Behind her by the doorway is Brooke Hills' current mayor. Raymond. Standing with a gun in his hand.

Raymond Fransico is the same man responsible for taking away the people I love and value.

Now he wants to take my Laina away too!?

"You! How did she find you!? How did you break the chains!? And is that our child!? " with each question Raymond asks, he takes hug steps towards Sonia.
He walks right past me and gives Sonia a tight slap.

"Stevan..." I hear Laina's fainting voice call to me. I move over to her and I see the deep hole the bullet had created in her back.

Laina's POV.

Do you know that sharp pain in the chest I said I usually feel in my dreams? Well, this was it. I was slowly slipping away from my body and I could feel it.

My soul was leaving me. I was about to die. And without a word of goodbye to my family. My beautiful mother, wonderful father, and my amazing little brother. Perhaps dying is the best gift I could give them. Freedom from the stigma of being related to me.

I call out to the one true friend I know. I haven't known him for long, but I somehow trust him entirely. It feels as though we have both been friends for years.

I watch him stare between Sonia and me, not knowing what move to make. I don't think I would ever make it out of here alive. But I have to at least thank him for being there for me.

"Stevan... " I call out again, and he moves towards me and takes me in his arms. The mayor can't see him but Sonia and I can.

I can't feel my body anymore and breathing is becoming difficult. I look into those beautiful blue eyes that have always fascinated me.

"Thank you, " I say to him as I feel death's cold arms wrap themselves around me.

"No. Please, I love you! " I hear him cry. His words give me hope. A reason to live, but perhaps my destiny was just to reunite this brother and sister and then be united with my maker.

"Please. Don't leave me. Your family needs you. "He begs, and bitterness covers me. I wish to fight. But there is nothing to fight for.

"See you on the other side, " I say to him as I struggle with the paralyzing pain that has now engulfed my body.

I begin to hear the faint sounds of people's voices, footsteps, and the cop sirens.

"You killed my son! " I hear the mayor scream as he takes hold of my hair.

"You will pay for this! "He says as he begins to hit me.

Estevan moves towards the mayor and I can't feel his touches anymore. My eyes close but my ears are still faintly working.

I feel myself being carried onto a stretcher and I feel the sunlight on my face when we exit the building.

"We need immediate attention... "I hear someone say, but my ears can't pick up the rest.

I begin to hear nothing but breeze.

My mother's song begins to replay in my mind,

My little blue moon, as unique as wonder itself. A special purpose resulted in your birth.
A purpose you must fulfill.

When the world turns against you, your family would be here. My little blue-eyed wonder. Don't let commoners pull you down. A star you are, meant for the sky. As unique as the blue moon itself.

A time would come when you would leave me to be your own woman. I know that's not anytime soon.
But when the time comes, remember that my Laina Jackson though as soft as a cloud, is as strong as a rock.

I smile as memories of my family begin to flood my mind.

"Laina! "I hear my name. I force my eyes to open faintly, and I find Estevan beside me.

"Hold on. "He says to me while I battle the freezing sensation of death all through me.

I watch him sit on the floor and take out his bluestone. I watch him raise it high above his head, and I know what he is about to do. We both know the heavy price he is going to pay for doing so.

"Don't do it! "I beg, but he ignores my plea and goes right ahead and smashes it into the ground.

I expect to see the stone break into pieces but it splits into two. The deep blue part and the light blue parts separate.

He tries to pick up the deep blue part. The same part I had touched last night, but he let's go as it seems to hurt him.

We both watch in bewilderment as the stone floats off the ground and onto my bed.

I look back at him and give a weary smile as I finally feel my heart slowing down.

I watch him raise his part of the stone high above the ground and crash it into the ground again. I then see the stone shatter into uncountable pieces.

Just when Estevan whispers,

"I love you. " I watch him fade away.

I try to reach for him but it's too late.
I finally breathe my last.

Wow... Looks like Laina is gone. What's going to happen to Estevan? Is he going to end like this?

We are nearing the end of this story. Hold on to your hats. The end might not be what you expect😉😘

Remember, Aider cares😁
Now tap that star for me please🙃😘