𝐌𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬.

The wailing sirens grew louder and louder until Esther could see the flashing red and blue lights through the windows

"Looks like the pretty boy is finally arriving." Jack smirked and snickered a little, still hunched over the kitchen table.

"Shut up Jack!" Regan shouted.

"Don't tell me you're losing your nerve, Regan, you said you wouldn't." Damien said with an arched eyebrow, blood still pouring down his arm and chest.

Esther smirked at that, at least she didn't go down without a fight.

"I'm not losing anything." Regan hissed, "If you two haven't noticed, I'm the only one this little bitch didn't cut up." Her grip tightened around Esther's neck.

"Trust me, you're gonna be more than cut up in a minute." Esther spat as best as she could, Regan's python like grip slowly cutting off her airway.

"Oh, so she speaks." Regan let out a humourless laugh.  "Tell me, how sad do you think that little agent is gonna be when I slit that throat right open." She pushed the blade further into the flesh of Esther's throat.

Esther was sure that if she let out one hard breath that it would all be over. 

"You don't have the fucking guts." She murmured, trying to keep her head raised as best as she could.

"I sure did have them in the basement, didn't I?" Regan let out another laugh, Jack's barking laugh joining in.

The sirens stopped wailing but the flashing blur and red continued to shine through the windows and dance across the floors.

Esther could only hope that they weren't going to negotiate, she wasn't sure that Jack, Damien, and Regan had the patience for that. As horrible as it was, Esther hoped that Spencer would burst through the door and shoot them dead – it's what they deserved after all of this.

"Come on Regan, do something." Damien encouraged.

"I've got a plan, unlike the two of you."

"We had a plan; we just went a little off script." Damien tried to defend himself and Jack with a shrug.

"Whatever." Regan rolled her eyes, "I'm waiting for that Spencer Reid to come in and try to save the day."

"Is he really as smart as he seems?" Jack asked, his eyes fixed on Esther.

"Smarter." She answered.

"Too bad we're one step ahead." Damien piped up.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see the look on his face when you drop dead." Regan hissed into Esther's ear, her hot breath sending a shiver down Esther's spine.

"Shut the fuck up." Esther hissed back.

She wondered what was taking the cops outside so long, surely Spencer would have wanted to come in as soon as he could? He sounded so concerned on the phone.