Chapter Nine - The Birthday Party

The week went by in a flash. Nina is happy at her new school she made so many friends already that she was invited to a birthday party. I was reluctant at first because I don't know the parents of the child. Plus I wanted to go to get acquainted with the other parents but Alejandro and I had a meeting at the same time as the party with lawyers and real estate agents for some new surprise that man had up his sleeves.

Therefore, Abuela Juanita volunteer to take Nina to the party. Relief yes, but upset that I couldn't go oh yes. I love my Growing business but sometimes I want to make it all stop for Nina and thankfully I often could but not today. Sights.

Nina's POV

"Mama it's ok next time as long you promise me a girls days out pleaaasseee!" I jumped up at down as mama smiled down at me and she nodded and got down on her knees.

"I have a better idea than a girls day out...." she smiles. "How about we make one of your designs real for your birthday."

My eyes widen and I smile big showing my loose tooth and squeals. I jump mama and hug her. "Really really really I'm going to work with you at your office!!"

"YES!" Mama said smiling as she picks me up. "This is going to be the best birthday ever!!" I shouted! I heard daddy laughing in the background I look back and smile as I show him my missing one tooth smile.

Daddy smile and came up to us kissing me on my cheek and mama on her nose making her giggling. "So the tooth fairy is coming tonight?" I nodded my head "yes! and she going to take my tooth to fairyland!! And give me money for my piggy! He needs money!!" I said as I wrapped my arms around daddy.

Abuelita Juanita came downstairs with my baby brother Alex. Abuelita calls him Alexito and me? Me she calls me Ninita. "Look who is woken up from his nap. Alex yawned really big showing his new baby tooth. Abuela gave him to mama and mama smiled and kisses him and hugged him and cradle him...I want to be cradle like that. Daddy then surprised me with a hug and kisses my nose. "It's time to go Malia lawyers are impatient." Mama frowned "I prefer to stay home with my babies but ugh ok." Abuela, daddy's mommy, came out with a bottle. "Where is my grandson!" She said as she came out and took Alex into her arms. Abuela looked at me and smiled as she winks at me making me smile. "Daddy put me down," I said daddy put me down and I hugged mama's legs and then took Abuelita's Juana's hand I waved goodbye and dragged her to the kitchen where Nutella snacks waited for me.

Later at the party...

My friends are running around all over the place and I'm it...

My new friend Libby lives in a big mansion with a gigantic garden and playground. As I am chasing my friends around the playground when Libby's mom comes out of the big house. She comes out with a man who looks grumpy and serious and he's holding a big birthday present. The game stops "Libby who is that" I asked her as I run-up to her. Libby looks over at the man and smiles and runs over to him saying "Uncle MASON!!" Libby runs to him and that grumpy man smiles at her. I watched from afar when Abuelita quickly comes to me "Mi niña Vamos!" she said in a hurry.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye to anyone. But when I looked back waving at Libby and she calls out my name as Abuelita lead me out to the car. I looked back to see her in the grumpy man's arm holding her as she holds in oversize baymax toy! "BYE LIBBY SEE YOU AT SCHOOL!!" I shouted back I looked at Mr. Grumpy Man and he looked shocked like when mommy is looking at the upcoming trends and shes disappointed cause everyone looks like clowns.

When we arrived home I went straight to my room upset that I had to leave and Abuelita wouldn't tell me. So I said nothing and went straight to my room. I look around trying to find something to do.....nothing....paper...colors not today....dolls....dollhouse....maybe.....call mommy....she's busy ill play with my dollies.

Mason's POV

As I arrived I found first my sister as Elizabeth went to socialize with some of her "friends" with kids. "Hey Sol' I said to my sister as I show her my gift to my niece. "I come with presents" She smiles and gives me a hug as she calls for Liberty...Libby. Libby my redhead niece, the image of her mother with red hair like her father. Libby was running around with her friends on the playground. They must be playing tag, the game brought good memories of the past.

As Libby ran to me I noticed a little brunette girl about the same age. At first, I saw her as another kid. But when I took a good look at her as she was suddenly leaving to saw my mother in the version of a child.

I didn't make any commotion but Libby notice. "What's wrong uncle Mason?" I look down at Libby, "nothing sweetheart...who was your friend that just left?" She blinks in a confusing kind of way, "That was Nina she just came here from Italy she goes to my school." she said

I nodded trying to make connections but I didn't since Libby didn't spill much. "That's her last name?" For a moment I was wishing it was Posada. "I don't know can I go now?" I nodded and smiled as she runs off with her friends. there's a chance and there isn't...