Chapter 24

"What do you two think you are still doing in bed? You have much to do and it is such a nice day out too! Now get up off your tushies and get going." Ryder's mother stands in the doorway looking a little to pleased with herself. I dug my head into Ryder's chest to hide my embarrassed face. Ryder laughed at my reaction and hugged me closer to him.

He said "We were actually planning on getting up and going on a shopping spree after eating breakfast." Ryder's mom squealed and quickly came over and sat on the edge of the bed. I was surprised at her child like ways. I wonder if she was one of those supposed cool moms that everyone wanted to be around. I never had a mom like that. She always laughed at me when I got beaten up. She would give the occasional bitch slap, but that would be it. I hated her the least because she never hurt me that much. I was thankful for that though. I still had some type of caring mother even if she never showed it like any other mother would. In the way I was raised, she was the most caring person that I ever had in my life. That is until the day I met Ryder.

"I am going with you guys and there are no questions about it. Ryder don't give me that look you know how bad your sense of fashion is. If it wasn't for me then you would be wearing several different shades of one color at once! Your mate would run in shame of your horrible fashion sense!" I couldn't help, but giggle at her statement. I felt Ryder's lips touch my forehead in an affectionate way. My cheeks turn even redder than before. 

"Fine," Ryder said, "But give us an hour to get ready. Can you get Rosa some clothes? I would do it, but my horrible fashion sense might make her look bad." Those few words were filled with sarcasm that it made me giggle even more.

"Of course," Ryder's mom spoke sweetly "I will get her clothes right away. And honey don't worry about money alright? We have more money than we know what to do with it. We are extremely happy that we can use it on such a sweet girl like you." With those words she left the room leaving me stunned into silence. Once the door closed Ryder pulled me even closer, trust me I have no idea how that is possible, and pulled the covers over our heads. I tried to get up, but he wasn't letting go.

I was about to say something until he beat me to it. "You can't do anything until my mom brings your clothes to my room and it will take me less time than you to get ready." I deflated to his words until I remembered something things I needed to do.

"I still need to brush my teeth you dope." 

"That will take 5 minutes." He had a point.

"Jackass."

"Did thee Rosaline Cathwood swear at sweet little old me?" He is so ridiculous.

"Trust me when I say that you are not little."

"Especially in my lower department." Alright I had enough.

I elbow him hard enough for him to let me go as I make my way towards the bathroom. I quickly shut the door as Ryder was a second away from barging in here. I shouts "Come on Rosa, I was only joking! You know that I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. I wouldn't even think of doing anything to harm you without your permission. Please Rosa let me in." I heard his head hit the door. I was so tempted to, but I read unlovable that I cut into my arm. My heart broke more that it was true. I was unlovable and if the time comes, no one will come to care for me. I may look like a damsel in distress, but no prince will come and try to rescue me. I will be like Fiona stuck in her tower. The differences is are I am eternally ugly no matter what form and that Shrek won't come to save me, no one will. 

I sigh and turn towards the sink. I look in the cabinets and see an extra toothbrush and pads for periods. I got a little curious and yelled at Ryder "Hey, why are there pads in here?" The reply comes rather quickly as my curiosity grows. 

"Growing up in a house with a lot of people you realize you need extra items for them where ever you go. I also wanted to have them incase my mate was ever on her period." I remember every time I got a period there were a pair of period pants I would wear and would be out of school for a few days because I couldn't afford pads myself. When I was living in the basement they gave me a certain amount of pads for the entire month. I would get these horrible aches in my stomach that I couldn't stand. If my calculations are correct then I should be getting my period in a week or two.

I shrug and ignore Ryder's constant talking of letting him in. I grab the toothbrush and the toothpaste and begin to brush my teeth. I can't remember the last time I brushed my teeth without using my fingers. It brush for about 5 minutes until I was sure most of the gunk is gone. I put everything back where I found it until the bathroom looked exactly how I found it. I begin to open the door and Ryder fell flat on his face. I couldn't help, but full on laugh at it. He looked up at me and I struggle to contain my giggles as I try to calm down. He smiled, grabbed my ankle and pulled, hard. I felt a momentary fear course through me until I found that Ryder was pulling me towards him to fall on top of him. I was worried it would hurt, but when I landed on him he quickly wrapped his arms around me and smiled. I blushed and trued not to smile back. 

There was a knock at the door and I pushed Ryder away so I could get up and answer it. I open it to see Ryder's mother with a pair of clothes and under garments. Before I could say anything Ryder wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around until we were facing away from his mother. He used one arm to grab the clothes, say a quick thanks and closed the door. He tossed the clothes on the bed, spun me around and kisses me.