Chapter 2:

He had stayed out for the last time. This time was the last time she was absolutely done! He never answered his phone and she never saw him. This had to stop, it's over. She knew at this point that she had to move on. Husband or not he had to go. she had taken all she could take from him and this was not how she wanted to live her life. Happiness was somewhere out there, and she would go find it.

Terrence was on his way home. He had had his fun and now it was time to go home to his wife. As he rode down the street, he could see it was a lot of stuff on the side of the road. He laughed to his self, 'some dude bouta be put out' . When he got to his house, he could see that the things on the side of the road belonged to him. He looked closer; his shoes were burned. His clothes had been cut up and bleached. He was furious! What the fuck is wrong with her? She is going crazy for real!

"Meka" he screamed out through the house, "Meka where are you?"

But she could not hear him. She was in the tub with headphones in her ear and a champagne glass in her hand.

When he had been in every room except the bathroom, he was over heated. Where was she and why was she avoiding me. Why was she not answering me? He had finally made it to the bathroom. She was getting out of the tub. She could still not hear but she had a big smile on her face.

"What's your problem?" asked Terrence as calmly as he could.

"Problem, what problem. There is no problem, whatever do you mean dear husband?" said Tomeka.

"Why are all my clothes on the curb?" he said with his face now red with heat.

"Terrance tell me, " she said as she walked into their bedroom. "where do you sleep at night?"

He was shocked, why would she ask that question? Did she know something, where did that come from? He could feel that there was more to it and became more and more nervous by the minute.

"Babe" he said as he cleared his throat, "if this is about last night, I was at my mom's you know she been sick and ain't been feeling well."

She laughed!

"See I figured you would say something like that, so my thoughts led me to call Barbara and ask how she was doing"

He began to frown. She could see that he was shocked.

"Baby" he said, but that was all he could say. Nothing else was coming out. He started to shake, it was like he was a child and he was in trouble or something. He looked so sad and his skin had turned bright red. His heart was pounding, did he know what she was about to say? What was next?

"Baby don't speak" she said really calm and now fully dress. "there is nothing else to be said, your things are at the road, take them and leave."

She walked away. There was no way she had said those words to him. She was supposed to be his backbone. Was she really about to throw their whole life away? He felt as if his world was crashing. But where would it end? She was not serious, was she? He turned and walked to the window. Just as she made it to the driveway she turned around and looked up at the window. She could see that he was looking so she threw her deuces and got into her car. As he watched her drive away, he begins feel angry again.

She can leave, he thought. I got girls; I'll just go stay with one of them.

He picked up his phone and begin to make a call. Instead he got a recorded message.

We're sorry but your service has been temporarily disconnected.

Tomeka had had his phone turned off. He was made but after a while he did not care. She was not going to hold him back from anything he was going to do. He had shown her he was his own man.