Tala's Death/Our Journey Begins

[Y/n] and [M/n] sat by Tala's side, with a napkin on her forehead, as Tui and Mohan rushed into the hut.

"Mother." Tui whispered as the both rushed to her side. Tui looked solemnly at his mother and then stood up with [M/n] taking her to the side

"What can be done?" Tui whispered to her.

"I'm not so sure, but the Aethlas herb could be helpful…"

Mohan felt a hand on his arm and he turned to his Grandmother.

"Go." Tala whispered weakly.

"Gramma?" Mohan said confused.

Tala turned to look at [Y/n] who got the message.

"I'll just go start preparing the Aethlas herb." She got up leaving the two alone.

"Go." Tala whispered again.

"Not now, I can't." Mohan protested.

"You must. The ocean chose you. Follow the fish hook."

"Gramma-"

"And when you find Maui, you grab him by the ear. You say, 'I am Mohan of Montuni. You will board my boat, sail across the sea and restore the heart of Te Fiti.'"

Tala said and opening her necklace, taking out the heart and pressing it into Mohan's palm.

"I…I can't leave you." Tala smiled and pressed her forehead to Mohan's own.

"There's no where you go, that I won't be with you."

Then she took off her necklace and placed it on Mohan's neck.

"Here, give this necklace to the girl you want to spend your entire life with. The girl fit to be your queen."

Mohan nodded, and gave his Grandmother a last kiss, before slipping out of the tent.

[Y/n] came back to Tala's side with a mortar and pestle. She started crushing the Aethlas herb when she felt a hand on her arm. She turned to Tala.

"Go with him." Tala whispered to her.

"What?" [Y/n] replied confused.

"Go with Mohan." [Y/n] turned to the door staring at it longingly, but then she shook her head.

"I can't, I can't just leave. My mom won't let me, I can't just leave her."

"You are the future queen of Montuni. You have to do what's right for your people."

[Y/n] blushed in embarrassment.

"I'm not the future queen. I…"

"[Y/n]. Please, he needs you. He can't do this without you." Tala said pleadingly

[Y/n] closed her eyes, then opened them, nodding in determination.

"Okay I'll go, I'll help him."

"Thank you so much [Y/n]. Please take care of him." [Y/n] took her hand.

"I promise, I'll do all I can to make sure he's okay."

"Thank you my dear." Tala kissed [Y/n]'s forehead. "Go."

[Y/n] nodded and then left to go pack and say goodbye to her mom.

                    ***************

Mohan pulled out a canoe from the ancient cave and started packing, when Sina came next to him, helping him and kissing him goodbye.

MOHAN:
There's a line where the sky meets the sea
And it calls me
But no one knows how far it goes
All this time wondering where I need to be
Is behind me
I'm on my own
To worlds unknown
Every turn I take, every trail I track
Is a choice I make, now I can't go back
To the great unknown where I go alone
Where I long to be

As Mohan pushed the canoe into the ocean, he felt someone tug it back. He turned back to see [Y/n] standing there with a satchel on her back.

"You're not leaving without me, are ya?"

"[Y/n]? What?" She climbed into the boat.

"I'm coming with you."

"What? No way, it's too dangerous." Mohan said bewildered.

"I made a promise to Tala to…"

"I don't care, I won't put you in danger."

"Why? Because your dad took my dad across the reef and he never came back?"

[Y/n] asked agitated and Mohan looked down sadly.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

[Y/n] placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I'll be fine, I'm the one who's supposed to take care of you anyways. Now I'm coming and that's final. I'm with you till the very end, remember?"

Mohan sighed in defeat.

"Besides…" she picked up the oar. "…I'm a better sailor than you."

She said smugly and Mohan rolled his eyes. Then they both turn to look at the healing hall, where the lights went off signifying Tala's death.

Mohan dropped his head sadly as [Y/n] laid a comforting hand on his shoulder.

But then a glowing being flew from the hut and landed in the water, swimming under the teens' canoe.

Mohan and [Y/n]'s eyes widened, seeing it was a glowing Manta Ray and they both smiled, knowing that Tala was watching over them.

MOHAN:
She her light as she shines in the sea
She calls me
And yes I know that I can go

[Y/n] walked over to him, taking his hand.

[Y/N]:
There's a moon in the sky and the wind
Is behind us

Mohan smiled intertwining their fingers.

BOTH:
Soon we'll know
How far we'll go