Proper Conversation? Kinda

"I am Mohan of Montuni, you will board my boat, sail across the sea and restore the heart of Te Fiti."

Mohan kept saying as he was attempting to sail the boat.

"I am Mohan of Montuni, you will board my boat, sail across the sea and restore the heart of Te Fiti. I am Mohan of Montu-"

"You know when you keep saying that over and over, it becomes really annoying." [Y/n] said glaring at Mohan who grinned sheepishly. Then they fell into silence… a very uncomfortable silence.

"So um…" Mohan said trying to start a conversation.

"Why don't I teach you how to tie a bow line knot?" [Y/n] suggested, also looking for a way to break the silence.

"A what?" Mohan asked confused.

[Y/n] laughed as she stood up and took a rope.

"Come on." Mohan got up and walked to her.

"These are just some basic knots a good sailor's supposed to know. And since you refused to let me sail, I'm tempted not to teach you."

Mohan laughed nervously as he scratched the back of his head.

He and [Y/n] had had a little argument on who was to sail the canoe. [Y/n] wanted to sail cause she had been taking lessons, even if it was just within the reef, but at least she had better experience than him who almost drowned the last time he was on a boat.

Mohan wanted to sail because he claimed that this was his quest and he was the one tasked with the job to deliver Maui across the ocean.

"Here, you do it like this."

She took one end of the rope and formed a loop

"My uncle made it easier for me to master by giving me a little tip. You see, the end of the rope is the rabbit . Now the rabbit goes out of it's hole, round the tree and into the hole again. You see, easy. Now you try."

She gave Mohan another rope and he slowly repeated the process.

"Like this?" Mohan asked showing [Y/n] the knot.

"Tighten your hand around this end here." [Y/n] said taking Mohan's hand to tighten the loop.

As her hand was on his, she lift her eyes up to meet his and they both blushed as she hurriedly removed her hand.  [Y/n] raised her eyes and saw the necklace on Mohan's neck.

"Isn't that Tala's necklace?"

"Yeah." Mohan said grabbing it tightly.

"Ah. It's an engagement necklace, right?"

"Yeah. She wanted me to give it to the girl I want to spend my entire life with. The girl…fit to um…be my queen." Mohan said looking deeply into [Y/n]'s eyes.

"Mmmn. Tanya must be one lucky girl then."  [Y/n] teased as she walked away from him.

"Tanya?"

"Yeah, you know, daughter of Miss Harriet and Sir Vehirlo. She's perfect queen material."

"Why'd you think so?"

"I'm mean she's the strongest girl on the island is she not?"

"So? That doesn't guarantee she's queen material. There are other things that qualifies a girl to be queen. A queen must be nice, caring, and always have the people's best interest at heart."

'Like you do.' He said in his mind.

"Oh and she must also have a winning smile." Mohan added smiling.

"Oh so Tanya doesn't have a winning smile?" [Y/n] asked with raised eyebrows.

"Have you seen her smile? It can literally chase away all the fishes in the sea."

"Hey!" [Y/n] exclaimed, laughing.

"It's true and you know it." Mohan said laughing along with her. Then he turned solemn. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" [Y/n] asked confused.

"For ignoring you? All these years? I mean this is the first proper conversation we've had in years."

"You call me teaching you how to tie a bow line a proper conversation?'

"Well kinda." They both laughed

"I'm sorry too. I guess since we both had a lot of responsibilities, we just never really had time for each other." They both looked down sadly

"I'm glad you're on this journey with me." Mohan said as he smiled at [Y/n]. "I wouldn't have wanted it to be anyone else." [Y/n] smiled widely at him.

Then a bang was heard from the boat.

"What was that?" Mohan asked. [Y/n] shrugged as another bang was heard.

The two teens began looking for what was making the sound. [Y/n] lifted the cargo holder of the canoe and saw the half of a coconut covering something. She lifted it and saw…

"Heihei?!" Mohan exclaimed.

Heihei banged himself on the cargo holder, before jumping out when he realized something. He looked left, there was only water. Right, water again, back, water, forward, water still. The chicken panicked and began to squealing.

He kept squealing till [Y/n] covered his head with a coconut. She took it off, he kept squealing, she put it back. She took it off again, it kept squealing and she put it back.

"It's okay, you're alright." [Y/n] comforted the chicken.

"You see? There we go, nice water." Mohan said playing with the water. "The ocean is a friend of mine."

Then the chicken jumped into the water making the two teens gasp.

"Heihei!" The found him floating upside down.

"This chicken's already giving me a headache." [Y/n] said rubbing her forehead, while Mohan grabbed Heihei. They watched the chicken as it was about to jump back into the river.

"Stay!" [Y/n] said to it, grabbing it and locking it inside the cargo holder.

"Okay, next stop, Maui." Mohan said steering the boat forward.

                 *****************

They spent a good amount of days on the water, with Mohan steering the boat with [Y/n] giving him some pointers.

One night, the waves were a little bit restless as Mohan steered the boat with difficulty, [Y/n] was trying to get some sleep as she was exhausted. His eyes droop from exhaustion and he fell into the water, the splash waking [Y/n] up.

"Ocean, can I get a little help?" Mohan asked.

"Decided to go for a swim?" [Y/n] asked as she appeared at the edge of the boat.

"Just pull me in." Mohan said stretching his arms towards her. [Y/n] laughed and grabbed his hand, pulling him in.

When Mohan was finally on the boat, he looked past [Y/n] and he saw a storm approaching.

"Oh no!" [Y/n] turned to see the storm and she gasped trying to sail the boat away from the wave, but then they were caught in the storm.

"No, no, please come on." Mohan pleaded desperately with the ocean as the storm was very close to them. "Help us, please."

The current dragged the two teens and the canoe under the water.