16

There is 1 Imposter among us

-

Taking a screenshot of what seemed like the given directions leading somewhere, you fling on a coat to embark on this journey.

Your breaths rises as new white-puffed clouds, fingers slightly numb as you gripped your phone to your chest. It wasn't that late, only around 6PM but the wintery season had a way of compelling darkness to appear much earlier during the day.

The sky is a rolling blanket of cloud the colour of wet ash, and the ground its dank reflection. You fasten your pace, thoughts steadying in a similar race. "South block...underground..." you mutter, trying to think of linked clues.

Where usually are underground areas?

You type in a quick search on your phone.

Underground military bases, underwater areas, underground trains...

"Military base, huh..." What if they were planning this big nucleur bomb somewhere?

There were no searches for 'south block'. Of course it wouldn't be that bait.

You sigh, walking through the dim road as cars blurr past. Perhaps it would've been better to let J and V know about the data you had acquired beforehand, maybe they had more information on their ends?

Regardless, it was too late now that you were already outside.

You continue to walk aimlessly, eyes musing in thought. You had formulated a theory, and even if it wasn't correct, it was worth a try.

Your phone buzzes, indicating a notification.

(1) Your Uber is on the way. Matthew (5 stars) will arrive in 2 minutes.

"Hurry up, I'm freezing" you mutter to yourself through gritted teeth.

(1) Matthew has arrived in a Lamborghini Huracan Evo Spyder Urine 2047 Max Pro+

"Finally"

You grip the handle of the door as you yeet it open, a soft scent of strawberries and musk lingering inside the car.

"Yo, cheddar head" the driver speaks up, his tone portraying an unusual vestige of familiarity. Your gazes lock at the rear window as you slightly squint.

"Do I know you?" a wave of deja vu washes of you, but in no way do you recall who this person is. Perhaps you knew him in some unknown alternate universe somewhere...cough cough.

You shrug it off. "Take me to South London please"

"Say lesss"

-

Your eyes roll open, glazed with slight tiredness as the car stops with a halt. Through your half opened lids, you gaze out the window, watching guys in puffer jackets and white airforces jam to some drill music while rolling a spliff.