❖ Nightmare | Megumi Fushiguro

From strangers that have known each other, acquaintances that met coincidentally, friends that became closer, classmates that knew each other deeper, into lovers that faced trials and problems, making each other bloom their undying love for each other. Then marriage came for you and Megumi.

Living in a leisurely lifestyle with his wife was the dream Megumi achieved successfully. You are his sunshine and his best friend, the person that is most important in his life. Making him softer and softer that he managed to bring and pour you his love, as you did the same.

Both of you laid down in your bed as soon as you went back home from work as a shaman. He held your hands tightly, placing a kiss in your forehead, knowing that this day made you very drained. He looked into your eyes and said some flirty words that made you beam.

"Sweetdreams." he cooed as you nod cheerfully. He closed his eyes as soon as he saw you sleep peacefully after pinching your cheeks from your overloading cuteness.

After hours of sleeping, Megumi woke up in the middle of the night after thinking that it was early in the morning already. He tried to go back to sleep, but as soon as he reaches your hands, he felt nothing.

He removed the blanket and saw that you were gone. He panicked because you aren't the type to wake up in the middle of the night for nothing. He looked for you everywhere, noticing that there are no trails of your presence around the house.

He kept looking as he realized the grim reality he hated to happen. He stopped and dropped everything. He went to get a bottle of wine and drink it fastly, trying to clear his thoughts and make his brain process.

"A dream... so everything is just a dream."

He sat at the floor and laughed loudly, as he punched the floor with his bare hand, not caring whether he is already bleeding from his actions.

You are married to Yuji Itadori, his friend.

Brokenness. The only thing that was happening to Megumi while he tried to stop his tears from coming out by laughing. Imagining you to be laughing, smiling, and being with Yuji for your entire life.

He went out of his house for some air and went to the riverside, remembering the time you keep on hanging out with him. He liked you from the start, but he was afraid of confessing to you until he noticed that Yuji started to like you. He thought that Yuji was a better person suited for you than him. That's why he supported the two of you until the end.

From looking at his reflection in the river, he heard a familiar singing voice that made him startled, and started to look and find you.

"I pour my heart to say I love you. I wonder if you would love me too."

It was the song that you always sang everywhere you go that made everyone memorized it. It was a memory from you, so Megumi ran away to search for you.

As he was running, he saw a glimmering light down the river, and he started to swim down and reach it as the voice continued to sing louder.

"Dive down deep unto the light, not too far, or you'll be out of sight."

Megumi tried to reach the light deeper, but he suffocated and was about to drown. Nevertheless, he pursued to swim, only to see you even for the last time.

"Escape from the nightmare and get back, with you by my side I nothing lack."

The song ended as soon as Megumi caught the light and eventually drowned, as he saw the light transformed into a beautiful woman and made him put of consciousness.

Megumi started to feel differently, as he was not suffocating from lack of air. His clothes were dry, and he felt his head in a soft, warm place.

He opened his blurry eyes and saw himself in his room. He felt warm hands playing his hair and hummed the same song. He immediately rose and clenched the hand of the woman who was there, smiling at him in a startled yet happy face.

"You're awake!"

"(Y/N)?!"

Megumi jumped out from your lap and stood up with a confused, teary face. He asked you why you were in his room as you shrugged and tried to make him more confused to tease him. You laughed from his appearance and began to speak.

"Well, obviously, I'm here because I live here. We Live Here."

He remained puzzled, as you saw him sweat and in need of proper explanation.

"Uhm, are you alright? Did you had a bad dream, hon?" you asked worriedly from your husband. He saw that you were real as he pinched his cheeks, which made him jump internally from happiness.

"Yeah. It's just a nightmare." Megumi laughed at himself. "I thought I'd lost you." he looked at your eyes and went to hug you.

"Aww, look who's very honest." you joked, but he only buried his head in your chest, making you surprised and blush from his actions. You wondered what happened to his dream and tried to ask him, but you saw how he needed you at that time, knowing that he wasn't the type to say what he was feeling, that's why you hugged him back.

"I love you (Y/N)."

"I love you more."