❖ Out of love | Mei Mei x Male reader

Requested by: Cookiebrush

|

"In 10 seconds, She's here."

You glanced at your unbranded but useful watch and had a countdown. You shook off the dust in your uniform and fixed your collar. At the same time, you checked your hair, which made your coworkers laugh behind, how you have become caring for how you look when truth be told, you don't. You immediately smacked your friends and ran to your post as the manager of a coffee shop in the mall. You waited for her.

*Clang*

The bell of the door rang, and a beautiful woman with long, light-colored hair entered the air-conditioned store. She went to the cashier and ordered some of her usual favorites. She went to her seat, and as she was doing so, you can't keep your grin to plaster in your face while staring at her.

"I'm so in love, boo hoo hoo." your friend interrupted your moment and laughed at how you are reacting. Even though your position in the café is higher, you still value your friendship. You smack him as he told you, "Just talk to her already, you've been like that for almost a month."

You knew that he was right and that you need to move forward into being someone close to her, not someone who can only stare at her afar.

You finally decided to move and have a chat with her, but she also stood up and went outside at the same time while she brings all of her things. She waved goodbye to the others as she began to get everyone acquainted and left.

You sighed and were left alone as your dear friend cheered you up. You looked at her, seeing her womanly figure in a far distance. But then, you noticed a shady looking guy running in her direction. You run with all your might to save her from the thief and successfully caught him the bag he stole.

You looked up, smiling proudly to the girl, but then you saw her face to be worried. You felt a tingling pain in your arm that slowly drips a lot of blood. The thief seemed to have a knife. The security came and caught the suspect, as you covered the wound by the handkerchief the same girl gave.

She asked you to wait outside for a while as she bought medicines and first aid kits. She applied the ointments and treated your wound calmly while you tried not to breathe too hard for her to notice how blushing you have been.

"Why did you do that?" The girl asked out of nowhere, that made you surprised.

She is widely aware of her appearance, that's why she already experienced a lot of guys to be curious and interested in her, but you were the first person to sacrifice his arm for her.

She remained silent as she waits for your reply, but you wore a soft smile and said, "It's because you seemed in need of help."

The girl was surprised by your unexpected answer, which made her smile silently. She indeed wanted guys with lots of money because she wanted to take advantage of them, just like how they are doing the same as her.

When it was time to part ways, you insisted to sent her off the mall with you, reasoning that it was not safe despite more security guards guarding the mall because of what happened.

Outside of the mall, you wanted to talk to her more, but you can't be too clingy and weird to her, so you watch her walk away again until a shady looking creature came to her.

There were no people around because it is the basement, that was why the girl calmly got her weapon out inside her mini car and fought the beast.

It noticed your presence and targetted you first because of how weak you are. You pushed the girl in mind that it is to save her when the creature was coming to you. It scratched you, but you immediately dodge its other attacks. In the end, a girl saved you by killing it.

Your eyes became wide opened, and your head was full of questions. The girl went to your side and asked if you were alright. You nod as you looked up to her in awe and shyness from the thought, 'A girl saved me. A lady saved this useless man.'

"You tried to save me twice. Is it still out of pity?"

She asked while you stood up and looked directly in her eyes. Smiling weirdly beautiful, as if it was the time you can finally say what you wanted to tell her.

"No, It's out of love."

She was surprised yet again from you as she smiled softly and asked.

"What's your name?"

"I'm (Y/N)"

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Mei Mei." She went to your ear, whispering something. "See you tomorrow." and wrote her phone number in your palm.

"I suppose we'll be seeing each other a lot."