THREE

Ittefaq Se, To Nahi Hum
Dono Takraaye;

Kuch To Saajish Khuda
Ki Bhi Hogi..

MARIYAM NOOR KHAN'S POV

It's hot. That's all i can say. It's hot. I should be used to the heat but I don't think that I can ever be used to this much of heat. Stepping Outside the airport it feels like I ran a marathon, which is extremely funny because no way would I ever do that.

I look around trying to guess familiar faces, but I don't even know anyone here. Mummy comes out and she is immediately called by someone making us all than to see who it is.

I see an elderly man, who hugs mummy holding her closely, as she shed tears. That's mummy's only uncle and nani's only brother, since nani passed away long ago mummy was so eager to come back because she was afraid that she might lose her uncle as well.

Taking a deep breath in, I lower my gaze and go with her along with my siblings. Mummy says our name introducing us to grandfather and also to some uncles. I whisper small Salam and they touch my head an act of welcoming me or us.

Smiling as I don't have to hold the suitcase anymore. We sit in a car thank goodness it had AC in it because I was already sweating. I fan myself sitting in the middle of Leila and Umair.

Umair was busy scrolling down his phone, lost in his own world whereas my Leila jaan is resting her head on my lap, as usual.

Pakistan wasn't different from India. Roads were familiar. I wasn't fascinated like I thought I would be but there were lots of men outside barely any women. The driver drove while I paid attention to outside to see anything entertaining. I did see the shops which made me grin, maybe I can ask mummy to take me there tomorrow.

As we stopped, everyone got out so did I. Glancing around, I look at the house and nod at my own self for liking. Impressing. It's big which could only mean not one family lives there but more than one. I walk out with Leila, her small hands reaching out to mine. I hold her hand tightly, feeling a little nervous because that aunty words we're still glued to me.

I am nervous. Infact I am very nervous. So, nervous that my hands are literally sweating like Niagara falls, making me cringe for the fact that Leila is holding my hand. But she doesn't seem to mind feeling nervous herself.

As we proceed towards the entry of the house my nervousness increased hundred times. I am feeling scared. What if these people too judge me ? What if they...

"You are hurting me."

"Sorry." I loosen my hand with hers. Again I take a deep breathe in as we enter inside. I can do it. Yes, I can. Mummy whispers me to take the veil on my head, I think her relatives are a little strict with islamic rules, but nonetheless I do as she commands. Mummy starts to meet them with a big smile, the first one to embrace her was Sumera khala followed by some other relatives.

"Is this your oldest daughter Mariyam?" Mummy nods smiling at khala who resembled just like her twin in looks department. She hugs me, I awkwardly return the hug as I am not good with strangers.

Yes, she is my mother's sister but I have only talked with her twice in my whole lifetime, so practically she is a stranger to me."Masha'Allah. She is beautiful." I give her a small smile moving along to meet others.

After meeting everyone we sit down in a room, mummy busy with her sister and cousin's. I quietly sit not talking to anyone because half of the time I was yawning. Leila had again laid her head on my lap, she was already sleeping making me feel the need to do the same on mummy's lap.