ONE

Haan Dard To Bahut Hai Seene Mein, Lekin Humein Dikhaana Nahi Aata,

Par Masla Asal Ye hai, Ke Humein Jhootha Muskurana Bhi Nahi Aata...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Come on Mariyam, you can do it."

Walking towards the entrance of her house Mariyam chanted, encouraging herself. She wanted to go on a trip to masoorie which her college was hosting for two days.

Mariyam knew her father would never allow her to go for the trip but still had a little faith that maybe, he would.

Her father Junaid Khan was a protective man and loved his elder daughter a lot. Out of all three children he had, Mariyum was the most innocent and the most docile child. She was the epitome of innocence and not only he adored her for her innocence, but also protected evil eyes casted upon his green eyed beauty.

He knew she was subjected to daily taunts by the society for not being able to potray the ideal girl's image; the image of a perfect skinny body but he knew his daughter was a gem, and he raised her as one.

She was his guroor, his pride.

But instead of raising her confidence he saw dip in her eyes. She lost her sparkle, days turned into years and now his Mariyam was locked in a shell, in a protective shell. All thanks to her mother who payed too much importance to the society.

Mahnoor Khan wanted her daughter to be perfect. A perfect daughter. A perfect woman. The woman world should adore and thus lectured her daily on how to be one. From changing her dietary plans, to forcing her to jog daily, she pulled all her efforts for her daughter to loose some weight, but till now she had received no gain.

Mariyam still continued to look curvy despite all the efforts. And she was fine with it. She had got used to the taunts and prying eyes of her relatives, but there was something which always pricked her heart whenever she found her mother with them. It always hurt.

And just like always she knew she would be taunted by her mother like everyday and she would definitely play a part to oppose the decision to go to masoorie.

"But I can atleast try. Maybe I would be allowed to go. Yes, I should be positive. Maybe this is my chance." Taking deep breaths she entered the living room, finding her mother in her father's embrace, making her stop in her tracks.

It was awkward.

But when she took few more steps inside she saw that her mother, Raniya Khan was crying and her baba was consoling her.

"What happened baba ? Is everything alright ?" Rushing towards her parents she asked, watching her mother pull of her father's embrace and give her a small smile.

It was a small geniune smile. But it did wonders to Mariyam's heart.

"You're Mama is happy beta. Aakhir itne saalon baad apni behen se milne jaa rahi hai." Having a good laugh at his emotional wife Junaid Khan, patted his daughter's head who seemed to be confused with the whole ordeal.

(Afterall she is going to meet her sister after so long.)

"But she meets Azra khala almost everyday baba....Then why is she-" before Mariyam could complete her sentence she heard her mother's hoarse voice which was undoubtedly full of happiness.

Maybe today was her lucky day and that could help her to convince her parents to allow her for the trip to masoorie.

"Beta ji aap bhool gayi aapki ek aur khala hai, Sumera khala jinke paas hum jaa rahe hai." Rania khan's eyes twinkled and she smiled patting her daughter's cheeks, reminding that she had two sisters.