21

"Alright, I will lead this quest" I sighed. everyone turned to me.

"Are you sure about that Perseus? you just came back, you are not ready for this" Chiron said, his expression turning to one resembling worry. he wasn't too happy about the idea of sending a tree- turned human to a dangerous, death promising quest just yet.

"certainly, I cant just continue mopping around here doing nothing, I need some action" my voice almost sounded like I was pouting, which I admit I was. since ever I came back people objected my wishes to fight or battle but those weird dreams of me going through a dark maze and of a volcano full of monsters fueled my desire to actually do something.

though, somewhere at the back of my mind, I felt like my time here was numbered.

for some reason when Annabeth reminded me of my 16 birthday, I tossed her hand from my shoulder, and at that moment I felt angry at her for no reason.

something about my upcoming birthday, made me feel uncomfortable.

"and who shall accompany you?" "wait! why should this boy lead this quest? this is a quest to save our lady and patron! the huntresses should lead it!" exclaimed Zoe, cutting off Chiron. ho, Zoe, something about her left him puzzled every time, on the one hand, he hates her. but on the other hand, he had this ticking thought in his mind that...he knew her, as in they were friends.

"wow no need to fight about that, we just need to go and finish this thing. who is the leader is the least important of our concerns" I said dully. Dear Phobie then sneered.

"oh, the humble and generous son of Zeus doesn't care who is the leader! he just wants to help us" I was ready to punch her in her smirking and annoying face when suddenly thalia yelled "stop acting so childishly! Annabeth is also stuck in the same place! we need to save her, and I am coming with you!" "no way" both Zoe and I immediately said. we looked at each other surprised but I guess the others were even more stound by our mutual agreement.

"what! why not? I just want to help!" thalia said angered.

"well or starters, how do you even know Annabeth is there?" I asked.

Thalia looked away uncomfortable "I had a dream"

"Alright...but still this is a no, you don't know yet how to control your powers, and last time I saw you trying to control them I nearly drowned. so no." I said, shuddering a little when I remembered what happened. Zoe seemed to agree and added that there should be more hunters or at least older campers.

"so on this quest, I'll take Zoe, phobie, Atalanta and bianc-" "no" I turned to face Zoe, why was she reluctant to let her come with us? "why not?" "she's inexperienced" "it is an opportunity to gain experience, and it's not like any of us ever travelled to othyris either"

eventually, she reluctantly agreed but I could already see Bianca won't have the permission to fight from Zoe.

"Well then, tomorrow morning you shall start your quest"