Year 1-4 | Flying Lesson

❝︎You really are an ice princess. That's what everyone's been calling you, barely
show any emotions.'❞︎

04: Flying Lesson

Hermione and I were both reading books while eating, again with a fork and a knife. She was so proper too, so similar to me but less graceful. She liked to have fun.

'BOOM'

We jumped and looked over to a boy who had caused a mini-explosion on his face trying to perform a spell. I looked away unbothered until many Owls came in and dropped our letters including mine.

Dear Evelyn

Hey sweetheart, heard you got into Gryffindor. Your mom seems to have expected you to be a Ravenclaw, more elegant. Sometimes I think she's obsessed with that word. Nonetheless, she truly misses you. Fleur seems happy you got into Gryffindor and I am too. Gryffindors are for brave hearts and I know you are a very brave and tough one. Your mom couldn't write a letter because she is terribly busy and fleur, she has other things to do as you know. Anyway, your mom told me to tell you to remember what she said before you went on the train. Hope you're doing well, love you,

from dad.

As I finished reading the letter, I looked up to see Neville bragging about his rememberball. I remember reading about those, when the smoke turns red it means he forgot something. As I thought that, the ball turned red. His robe, right, he forgot his robe.

"Hey Ron, somebody broke into Gringotts. Believed to be the work of dark wizards and witches unknown, Gringotts goblins while acknowledging the breach, insists nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713 had in fact been seen earlier that very same day. That's odd, that's the vault Hagrid and I went to." I heard Harry say. I looked over to Hermione who was also listening to their conversation. The two looked up and made eye contact with us, Harry's green eyes meeting mine.

"Evelyn let's just.. go to our next class," Hermione says eyeing them suspiciously. I nod as I link my arm with Hermione's. She looked at me with wide eyes and then smiled acknowledging I linked my arm first this time. As we were walking out, I could see Draco making a disgusted face when he saw the two of us with linked arms.

The flying class was one thing I really wasn't looking forward to. Mother never wanted us to learn how to fly because she thought that girls shouldn't fly, which is complete nonsense by the way! One of the best Quidditch players I heard of was a girl!

"Good afternoon class"

"Good afternoon madame Hooch"

"Now step next to your brooms, put your hand out and say UP!" Madame Hooch says as her broom flew up into her hands.

"UP!" No one got it on the first try except for Harry.

I got it after about 4 times getting frustrated and I looked forward to see Ron getting smacked in the head with his broom. I looked over at Harry and his green eyes met mine as we chuckled. Harry had the same expression when Hermione saw me laugh, surprised. Do I really not show that much emotion?

"Now that you have hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. Do not fly whatsoever"

We all mounted the broom and I took a deep breath in. I jumped up slightly and felt the broom hover over the ground. Slowly feeling my body being lifted gave me an incredible amount of joy, I was flying on a broomstick for the first time. My moment of joy was interrupted by the sound of someone shrieking. I looked over to see what the noise was about to find Neville, going up and up without stopping. We all watched anxiously as he hit windows and walls until he fell. Ouch.

"Everyone is to have their feet on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing," she says as she picks Neville up and walked away. All the students just stood there whispering among themselves standing around.

I saw something shine in the place where Neville fell, his rememberball. Feeling everyone's eyes on me, I walked up to it and crouch to pick it up only for someone to snatch it away moments before, Draco. I looked up back at him straight in the eyes as he smirked.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lab had given this a squeeze he would remember to fall on his fat arse" he said to me while other Slytherins laughed. I furrowed my eyebrows, was he expecting me to laugh along with him?

"Give it here Draco" Harry and I said in unison, except Harry says Malfoy instead of Draco, though Draco ignores me and walks towards Harry.

"You know what, I'm going to put this somewhere a little hard to find, how about the roof?" Draco muttered. What an arse he is. He flew up with his broom mocking Harry. Harry was about to get on his broom when Hermione stepped in trying to stop him.

"Harry, no way. You heard what Madam Hooch said. Besides, you don't even know how to fly!" She yelled furrowing her eyebrows. Instead of listening, Harry didn't even care and just flew up chasing after Draco anyway.

"What an idiot," she says looking at me to which I giggled. They were both extremely good at flying. Everyone stared at them as Draco threw the rememberball which Harry chased after. The ball was about to hit the window when Harry caught it at the last moment, really impressive. He would be a great Quidditch player. He came down as we all cheered him and his green eyes met mine again. He smiled and I smiled back when Professor McGonagall walks out.

"Harry Potter" Everyone went silent with the seriousness of Professor McGonagall.

"Follow me"

~***~

Class was dismissed and I was heading to my next class with Hermione when Draco walks in front of me with his two minions. He looked at me furrowing his eyebrows then at Hermione with so much disgust. His two minions seemed to have no expression, just following Draco around and agreeing to whatever he said.

"Really Clermont? You chose to befriend this girl?" He asks as Hermione glared at him

"I don't see a problem Draco," I replied looking cold at him in the eyes.

"You really are an ice princess. That's what everyone's been calling you, barely show any emotions. Do you even know her blood status?"

I knew what was coming, he was going to say a word that would hurt Hermione's feelings. I wasn't going to allow him to do that to my first ever friend.

"Pure Blood, Half blood or muggle born, I don't care Draco. Now shove off unless you want to see my angry emotions" I said pulling Hermione's arm away. An Ice princess, how pathetic. I laugh so many times!

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)

Reading the first few chapters honestly makes me cringe lmao. Please remember they're my first ever chapters and the quality gets better mid 3rd year!