Year 4-10 | Golden Egg

(A/N) This chapter is just a lot of dialogue!

"Evelyn!" I was sitting in the field alone reading when I turned to see Cedric running towards me with his usual smile. His smile was so bright it brightens up my mood just by the sight of it.

"Hey Cedric"

"Why're you by yourself? Where's Harry?" He asks sitting beside me.

"Currently ignoring me because I went to the Yule Ball with Draco, Hermione and Ron had a fight and Hermione and I are just in an awkward phase"

"I'm sorry, he'll come through" I nodded.

"And how are you Cedric?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your second task, it's in two days"

"Nervous of course, still haven't figured out the clue yet. Whenever I open the golden egg, nothing, nothing but the terrible screech. Has your sister figured it out yet?"

"No idea, she's too busy snogging Roger Davis. Maybe there's a specific way to open it, like you have to open it near somewhere or cast some sort of spell"

"What would drown out the sound of the golden egg?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Under water?"

His eyes lit up in realization, "Evelyn, can you meet me at the prefect bathroom on the 5th floor in 10? Bring a spare change of robes while you're at it", before I could respond, he got up and ran out of the field towards the Hufflepuff common room.

***
I walked inside the prefect bathroom to find Cedric standing over a big bathtub in the very end of the room in his robes with the golden egg by his side. One of the many great components of being a prefect, a private gigantic bathroom all for yourself. I walked towards the bathtub to see it was already filled with bubbles in it, it smelled strongly of roses.

"Did you bring the spare change of robes I told you to?" Cedric asked, he was wearing a tank top with his name on it while I really just showed up in our uniforms.

"If I had known I would've worn something better than a skirt and a vest" I joked.

"My apologies" He said getting inside the bathtub. I followed his lead and went inside, the feeling of my vest getting soaked was uncomfortable and just not satisfying. He grabbed the golden egg from beside him and held it above the water.

"Ready?" He asks as I nod. We both take a deep breath in and go under the water. I watched as he opened the golden egg which shined another bright light and instead of the usual shrieking noise, it made a subtle humming sound.

"Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground

"Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look to recover we we took"

The golden egg hummed in a beautiful voice. We pulled ourselves up above the water and took a breather.