Sacrifices

I walked around our manor one last time. Even though my childhood here wasn't the happiest, this was the closest thing I had to home. I picked up a picture frame, the one from the Malfoy Ball. Next to me was Draco, before everything happened with him and the return of Voldemort. Behind me was my dad, the last picture I had with him.

"Rosie," I whispered to myself placing the picture frame down.

"Yes master?" Our house elf apparated into my room even though it was a small whisper. I almost forgot about her, I haven't been in the manor since my fourth year at the most. From my drawer, I pulled out an old pair of socks that I used to wear as a child.

"You're a free elf now," I whispered giving the sock to her. She looked at me, but her eyes weren't filled with joy. Instead, there was a hint of sadness and sympathy.

"Master has presented Rosie a sock, Rosie is free..." She said trying to smile. Maybe it's because she's aware of everything that's going on, our possible last time meeting.

"Leave and go somewhere far, if you need anything- Find Dobby," I said leaving the room not looking behind at the house elf. Fleur was standing in the doorway to the dining room. Inside, Gabrielle and Madam Natalia was eating dinner. I haven't seen Gabrielle since fourth year either and Madam Natalia since my second. I never got the chance to ever say goodbye or hold Gabrielle one last time.

"I can't do this," Fleur whispered looking away. I took my wand out of my pocket and pointed it at the two. Gabrielle, I never even had the chance to share time with you. I never even had the chance to be the big sister I wanted to be.

"Obliviate"

The photos of Fleur and I started to fade away in the house. Fleur couldn't look at the situation and walked out of the manor crying. She spent more time with the both of them than I did. Really, I feel terrible that I came to the point I'm only disappointed, not sorrowful.

I walked outside standing beside Fleur, she was trying to hide that she was crying. We started walking to the exact place dad died. I could feel my heart beat faster and I had to close my eyes taking a deep breath trying not to relive the memory.

"Are you ready?" I whispered not opening my eyes.

"Yes."

I looked back at the manor one last time before leaving to the nearest knight bus station. Apparating would be so much easier since my 17th birthday had passed, but we would be tracked.

~***~

When we arrived to Number 4 Privet Drive, everyone was already here. The order of the phoenix, Hermione, Ron, the Weasley twins, and Hagrid. Fleur rushed over to Bill kissing his cheek and leaning against his shoulders. He had brought a thestral with him, though I wasn't sure if Fleur could see them yet.

"Evelyn!" Hermione rushed over hugging me. I didn't notice at first, but she was crying. I could feel her tears on my shoulders. I didn't say anything and just hugged her back, I can only guess the sacrifices she made to help Harry find the horcruxes.

"Evelyn, I heard you and Harry were dating?" Alastor Moody walked over to Hermione and I. Hermione quickly backed away wiping her tears and standing beside Ron, everyone's attention was drawn to Moody and I.

"Yes sir," I replied weakly.

"I want you to grab some hair from him, for the polyjuice potion."

"He's not going to like that idea."

"It's what needs to be done."

I didn't reply and just nodded.

"You first," Moody said standing aside and motioning me to knock on the door. I slowly walked up to the door keeping an emotionless face, one that I kept for my entire first and second year almost. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door and backed away. The door slowly opened revealing the man I loved the most, only then I could smile.