Chapter 2

Boruto groaned.

"Come on Boruto, it's not that bad!"

"Hey, Sarada? Cut me some slack, I just woke up and now I have to be this brat's bodyguard?"

"Yes. He requested it to be you, so be a man and do it!"

"Ugh, fine."

A few days later, during the battle against the Mujina gang boss

Boruto gripped his kunai and rushed towards Shojoji, Shadow Clones surrounding him. Shojoji managed to get him in his grasp and was about to eat his brain until Tento threw the kunai into Shojoji's back, causing him to drop Boruto. Boruto scrambled away, quickly regaining his posture.

"Thanks, Tento!"

Boruto landed a Rasengan, launching Shojoji through the walls of the warehouse. Boruto and Tento celebrated, however, it was short-lived as Shojoji got up, now more determined to eat Boruto's brain than ever.

"Tch!"

Boruto charged at him, Rasengan in hand. Suddenly the mark on his hand throbbed and he fell, paralyzed. He looked at it and it had grown, draining his chakra at the same time.

"Heh, looks like you're out of luck!"

Shojoji jumped in the air, ready to crush Boruto. Boruto closed his eyes and braced for it when suddenly the ceiling broke and two long arms coiled around Shojoji, then Mitsuki and Sarada descended from the ceiling.

"What about the mission?"

"Well, a certain idiot decided this was more important!"

Boruto grinned and got up. He looked at his hand but the mark had shrunk back down to its normal size. He shook his hand and turned back to Sarada and Mitsuki.

"It's a shame about the mission, but thanks. Thanks for coming."

"Just give me a sandwich and a caramel macchiato then I'll be satisfied."

"I don't care about the mission, but as long as you're fine, I'm fine."

"Thanks, Mitsuki! But Tento here also saved me earlier, I was in a real pinch there."

Sasuke and Sai appeared and offered to take Shojoji away. After doing so, they got some rest, Boruto being fully prepared to be scolded tomorrow by Konohamaru. When they did, the whole team was scolded for not taking part in the mission. Boruto got Sarada what she wanted later, and they discussed some things while they were eating.

"So I saw a training camp for medical ninjutsu earlier today and I thought you'd be good for it, Sarada, being the leader of the Medical Team's daughter."

"I agree."

"Hey! Boruto, Mitsuki, why don't you two try it instead? I'm not interested."

"Wouldn't it be good for you to do it since you want to become the Hokage and all?"

"I agree, Boruto."

Sarada sighed, "Fine, I'll do it. Anyway, Mitsuki and I were talking a bit yesterday after dinner. It's about that mark on your hand, didn't it act up and paralyze you while fighting Shojoji?"

"...Yeah."

"I feel like that would end up impacting our missions a lot, I'm not sure what to do. For now, let's stay away from missions until you feel better."

Boruto sighed, bored out of his mind.

"I'm gonna go train, see if it makes this mark act up at all."

Boruto exited the cafe and headed to the training grounds, caught up in a bad mood. He tried everything, but couldn't seem to make it activate at all.

"Maybe the dang thing only works when I'm in mortal danger... but I wasn't, I could have easily beaten that guy since he couldn't use his Zephyr shield thing... Man, this sucks!"

"What are you doing around here?"

Boruto got up on his feet and looked at Shikadai.

"Hey, Shikadai... what's up."

"Woah Woah, what happened to you?"

"Sarada happened! One moment I'm fine the next I'm not and suddenly Sarada gets all fussy about me taking any missions! I'm trying to figure out what paralyzed me during that battle but no dice. What about you?"

"I figured you would want to watch the medical ninjutsu class, so I looked but didn't see you there, so I looked around and here you are. It's actually pretty interesting, Sarada seems to be an ace."

"I'm not really surprised, but I wouldn't be if she wasn't good either."

Boruto and Shikadai walked over to the class, idly chatting to pass some time.

They found the window to the class and peered in, looking at what they were doing.

"Woah, that's actually pretty cool!"

After a while, Boruto knocked on the window to check on Sarada, who totally freaked out and almost broke the desk. After everything had settled, in front of here was the perfect result of the test. Sarada opened the window, gave them an earful, and sent Boruto to the back of the class.

After the Medical classes were done, Sarada had originally lost confidence, since she failed at medical ninjutsu, but later regained it by getting help from the others in the medical class.

"You did pretty well, Sarada."

Sarada blushed and responded,

"Thanks, Boruto."

A few days later, Team 7 decided to meet up.

"Sarada, Mitsuki, have you heard of the killer recently? Apparently, he only attacks rainy days, so people are calling him the rainy day killer or something."

"How could I not have heard? Papa and I were walking home with groceries when it was broadcasted on the news."

"I have seen it and heard it being mentioned. Why?"

"I was just wondering, we got a mission to guard an important person, but how are we going to prevent it from happening? People say he can kill his target without him never being seen."

"It was probably with a Jutsu, and the caster can't be that far away, so we take him down. Also, Boruto... uhh about that mark, do you really want to come?"

"Yeah, it'll be no problem for me!"

"I like your enthusiasm, but please be careful."

"Yeah yeah... mom..."

Sarada flashed her Sharingan in her eyes for a second, making Boruto sigh and accept.

Later that day, during the mission.

"Man it's really pouring down now."

"I think we can see, Boruto."

Sarada looked around for anyone who could be casting the Jutsu and found a person, standing on a rooftop. Sarada asked Mitsuki to check it out, and as soon as Mitsuki jumped over there, it became a full-blown chase. Sarada got up to follow him but Boruto stopped her.

"Why Boruto? He is getting away!"

"What if there are more people in on this assassination deal? Plus there's something I have to say."

Boruto whispered something in her ear when suddenly the rain stopped. However, tears wouldn't stop rolling down Sarada's face.

"I'm sorry, Sarada, Mitsuki, but I have to get stronger than I am so that times like the paralysis don't happen again. I'll still be around for a while but yeah... sorry."

Boruto walked away from Sarada, breaking the skeleton of their relationship.

And those bones take lifetimes to mend.