Chapter 7

Mitsuki landed outside of the hospital tent, creating a crater on impact.

The doctor rushed outside and saw the three of them, battered, bruised, and broken. She contacted Konohamaru and Mugino, and after some emergency first aid, they were taken off to Konoha where they had better treatment for them.

Mugino and Konohamaru arrived with Sarada and Boruto on their backs. They were received by Sakura and some other medical ninja.

"Leave this to us!"

Sakura stared solemnly at the two concerned Jonin. They nodded, understanding that her daughter's life was on the line and they had no time or space to waste with them worrying.

Sarada and Boruto were taken into their hospital, where they were being treated. Shizune was treating Sarada while Sakura treated Boruto, the more injured of the two. They worked in complete silence, Himawari and Hinata looking through the window, Naruto bursting through the door to see.

Boruto weakly opened his eyes and looked over at Sarada, and she did the same.

.

.

.

Konohamaru and Mugino informed the Hokage about the Hashirama cell, while Orochimaru was busy trying to heal Mitsuki. Victor and Deepa were working on some sort of project involving the Hashirama cell, idly chatting while Victor figured it out.

"Just do as you're told and retrieve the item."

"Yeah yeah, I was tired of sitting around anyway."

Deepa left the room.

.

.

.

Boruto came to in a hospital bed and saw Ms. Shizune sitting there.

"Ms. Shizune?"

"Thank goodness!"

"Where am I?"

"The Leaf Hospital."

"The Leaf? So we made it..."

Boruto tried to sit up but Shizune insisted he lay down for the time being.

"You were given first aid treatment at Dr. Yubina's and brought here with Sarada."

"Sarada!"

"She's just fine... don't worry."

Boruto eased back into laying down again.

After several tests on Boruto, he was confirmed with only the need for some rest.

Sakura had been a bit panicky over Sarada. She had overused her Sharingan and had suffered many severe external injuries.

"Mom, I'm fine."

"No, you're not. You could suffer permanent eye damage from this."

"How's Boruto?"

Sakura smiled.

"He should be getting up about now."

Shizune wheeled Boruto out of a room in his wheelchair.

"This one should be the last test. It'll take a while so let me get it ready. Please wait here."

He was wheeled next to Sarada, who was also waiting in a wheelchair. They sat in silence for a few minutes, but Boruto broke it.

"We lost."

"...I'm so mad."

Sarada quivered and clenched her fists.

"My Sharingan was... utterly useless."