Chapter 8

Whilst Boruto was undergoing Rasengan training, Sarada was training her Sharingan so she could eventually use the powerful Jutsu, Chidori.

"Again!"

Sasuke threw up the scroll, making small bullets rain down on Sarada. She dodged, but in the end, eventually got hit.

"Again!"

"Again!"

"Again!"

"Again!"

"Again!"

"Again!"

Sasuke looked at Sarada's battered body and felt a bitter feeling rise.

"You sure you don't want a break? You're overusing your Sharingan."

"One more... time..."

Sarada stood up and gripped her kunai, her left eye bleeding.

Sasuke threw up the scroll again.

Boruto sat down, tired. It wasn't from chakra depletion, but from the fact that he had made no substantial progress since his first Wind Style Rasengan.

Shikadai walked up behind him and surprised him.

"Hey, Boruto. Looks like you're training hard."

"Shikadai."

"Don't overdo it. You did just get out of the hospital after all."

"If I don't then I'll never perfect this Jutsu..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Back when we were fighting Deepa or whoever that freak is, my Rasengan was shut down just like that. Sarada and Mitsuki..."

"Yeah, I know."

"I need to get stronger so that when that opportunity comes around again then I'll be able to use it to its fullest. Even after I've improved it, it's still not nearly enough."

Boruto grit his teeth and clenched his fists, a look of rage donning on his face.

"Didn't Kakashi tell you anything?"

"He said that unless I manage to move mountains, with the chakra that I currently have, I'll never get stronger. I've reached my limit."

Boruto's hands slacked and the anger he had gave way to depression.

Sarada was getting beaten to the point where Sasuke was worrying about her, this time seriously.

"Are you okay? You've overworked your eye and your body. You should rest."

"I'm fine, dad. One more time."

Sarada too had reached her limit.

"Damn it! I can't be wasting my time like this!"

"It's rare to see you up against a wall like this, not to mention more than once."

"Shikadai! You're back from you're... mission. I take it didn't go well?"

"Yeah... something like that. I think we found the guy you were talking about. He was weird, had a number on his face, and was insanely strong, he even took down Shinki!"

"What?! You came across Deepa?!"

"A stroke of bad luck for us, huh? I guess we should be grateful to Shinki, otherwise, I doubt we'd be here talking right now."

"Even with Shinki..."

"Hey, you're not seriously planning to train just to beat him, are you?"

"..."