Chapter 8

Edited🦋

Drinking water was often a nightmare-like prank for Tan Mo, who was too young to distinguish between good and evil. For Tan Mo, who experienced a car accident and had his legs crippled, it was an even more unspeakable shame worse than death.

When he was young, his friends who went to school together with him would pretend to call him away pretending to be kind. Then they would secretly add something inside the water, sometimes it was mustard, a handful of dirt, a bug, or anything disgusting.

He was choked with mustard and he kept coughing over and over again until he almost choked.

Since then, he has never taken a water bottle to school again, nor has he ever drank a sip of water or eaten at school.

Later, his legs became disabled and he could no longer stand up, even then he refused to drink another sip of water at school. Because after drinking water, you would have to go to the bathroom. This was a daily occurrence for everyone, but it was the most embarrassing torment for Tan Mo.

 So, that girl, why did she take the initiative to talk to him, and why did she take the initiative to fetch him water?

He didn’t have time to think too much about it. For a time, his mind roared and he could only think of the exaggerated and unscrupulous ridicule of his former classmates.

 “Tan Mo, go to the toilet ah.”

“Tan Mo, does a disabled person use the toilet? Did you get help from someone? How can I help?”

“Ta Mo, don’t drink water ah, relax!”

The last sentence and the girl’s voice gradually overlapped in his mind.

“Tan Mo, do you want to drink water, I can help you get a glass along the way.”

Tan Mo never expected anything, but this girl who had said good afternoon to him the moment before, the words she said were the familiar words he heard many times before..

He was not disappointed, his isolated emotional system made it so he could not distinguish the high-level emotion that was disappointment. The overwhelming emotions he felt at this moment was the same as the humiliation and anger he once felt. To him, there was no difference.

She was no different from those who had humiliated him.

Actually, there was a difference, she approached him with a false pretense of kindness, and patiently continued her approach several times.

He will never expect any good morning or afternoon anymore.

He wants to stay away from this person.

Qiao Lan found that since that day, Tan Mo’s attitude towards her had become increasingly cold.

Of course, Tan Mo had always been indifferent to her, but Qiao Lan could still find the little differences in his expressionless face.

Once she said good morning to Tan Mo, although Tan Mo would not give her any response, he would stop the wheelchair and stare at her with his dark eyes listening to what she said, before finally lowering his head again and silently heading away from her.

But now, when Qiao Lan took the initiative to greet him, Tan Mo wouldn’t even stop his wheelchair.

Tan Mo seemed to have isolated Qiao Lan’s voice, and could not no longer hear her. The signs of rejection were so obvious that even the other students in the class could see it.

“Fuck Qiao Lan is so funny too. She actually greeted Tan Mo on her own initiative, but she was totally ignored.”

“No one wants to talk to her, so she could only talk to that fool.” The crowd laughed and looked back. Looking at the last row of the classroom where Tan Mo sat, they saw him looking down at something.