Chapter 23

Edited🦋

Qiao Lan stood at the entrance of the corridor and watched Uncle Chen go away. She stood there alone in the dark for a long time.

She lived for twenty years in her last life. Since she was a child, she didn’t know who her parents were or what their surnames were, because of this even her last name was chosen randomly. The person who treated her best in her last life was the kind aunt who sponsored her to go to high school. 

Qiao Lan vowed to succeed so that she could repay her. 

But before she had time, she had become the current Qiao Lan. She had cared for Tan Mo several times because she couldn’t bear to see his circumstances, but the boy had given her too much in return.

Qiao Lan squatted down and buried her face between her knees.

It was said in the book that it was difficult for people with AS to have friendships, and once they do have them, they will become at a loss and wonder how to maintain them, so they would use the simplest ways to treat them well.

However, this was great. Qiao Lan sighed for a long time. In the past twenty years, no one reminded her to wear a thick coat when it snowed, and no one reminded her to bring an umbrella when it snowed. Not to mention sending her home especially.

After squatting on the ground for a few minutes, around ten minutes later, Qiao Lan went upstairs and returned to Qiao’s house.

It was past 12 o’clock in the morning, and only Mother Qiao was not asleep as she was putting on a mask. When she saw Qiao Lan come in she glanced at her, she whispered, “Don’t you know what time it is. I don’t know where you’ve been all day but keep your voice down. Your brother just fell asleep.”

Seeing Mother Qiao returning back to her room, Qiao Lan felt like she had returned to reality once more.

Qiao Lan originally thought that due to her quarrel with Tang Qin, she might return to the same situation in beginning, where she was alienated from everyone. But she later discovered that that was not the case.

They are all fifteen or sixteen years old. Generally speaking, no one in the class was undeniably stupid.

Maybe it was because Tang Qin was not Chen Yaoyang, nor Song Yao. Her weight in the class was not big enough to make everyone else alienate Qiao Lan because of her attitude. So except for the friends who played well with Tang Qin, no one else changed their attitudes towards Qiao Lan. 

Like Pei Ning, the several classmates sitting on the right side of Qiao Lan, still greeted and talked to her as they did in the past. Qiao Lan was very good at English and mathematics, so some students would come to Qiao Lan when class was over.

As for Tan Mo, most students still tried to stay as far away from him as possible, but a small number of students have slowly changed their attitudes towards him.

Qiao Lan talked to Tan Mo every day, but Tan Mo didn’t hit her suddenly like Tang Qin said. He didn’t even speak loudly. He wasn’t crazy, he didn’t look stupid, and he didn’t talk to Qiao Lan in a scary way.

But Tan Mo didn’t care about anything.

The only thing he cared about now was Qiao Lan.