Chapter 35

Qiao Lan hadn’t returned home for nearly ten days, but the Qiao family didn’t take this matter to heart. When she was young Second Sister Qiao also ran out for a month or two and she had been fine. What they were mad about was that Qiao Lan had stolen the money.

For example, they say that Qiao Lan believed her wings have become harder and so she became bold, so much so that now she won’t even listen to them. Whenever they thought about her they would get extremely angry and even Father Qiao was extremely dissatisfied with Qiao Lan’s running away at the time. Several times he said that when Qiao Lan came back, he would tidy her up so she would dare not run again.

 But before Qiao Lan came back, Mother Qiao discovered by accident that it was probably not Qiao Lan who stole the money.

It was Qiao Yuan.

Mother Qiao waited for Qiao Yuan’s classmates to leave before becoming panicky. She told Father Qiao that there was something she needed to do at home and so she quickly left, and then went straight to Qiao Yuan’s room.

Qiao Yuan was shocked, he was spoiled at home, so when he saw his mother grab his bag he had a look of impatience on his face, “Mom what are you doing!”

He tried to grab his bag back. Because there are things in his school bag that Mother Qiao couldn’t see.

In the end, he didn’t expect Mother Qiao, who was usually reluctant to say a harsh word to him, slapped his hand and sternly told him to sit down.

Qiao Yuan jumped in both fright and surprise, and a bad feeling suddenly surged in his heart.

Then he saw Mother Qiao take out three fantasy novels that he had just bought out of his schoolbag, as well as an unopened package with a hairpin inside. This was a birthday gift that he had bought for Yao Simeng two days ago.

Qiao Yuan had a strong vanity, and recently he always showed off his money in front of his classmates, so he deliberately bought a gift without tearing off the price tag.

218 yuan.

At their age, a gift would cost a little more than ten yuan, sometimes even this would be enough for one or two knock-off celebrity posters. Qiao Yuan deliberately kept the price tag, just to make Yao Simeng feel that he was richer and more caring, and to make the other boys envious.

How could he expect this to suddenly  be discovered by his mother?

Now there is only one thought left in his mind. If only he had torn off the price tag. If she didn’t see the price tag it wouldn’t be impossible for him to pretend that the gift only cost a dozen yuan. But he didn’t and Mother Qiao locked her eyes onto the gift.

Qiao Yuan shrank his neck, “…Mom, what are you doing, flipping through my school bag as soon as you come in…”

“Where did it come from?” Mother Qiao stared at the 218 on the hairpin, and it became even more irritated than after she saw the fantasy books. She spent thousands of yuan a month to get lessons for Qiao Yuan, but Qiao Yuan secretly read novels a day.

“Where did the money come from!”

“I just…it was the money I saved from my allowance..” Qiao Yuan was also a little scared. He didn’t expect Mother Qiao to know that he stole the money, mainly because he was afraid of his mother.