|Sixty-Eight|

Read the note at the end, thanks ××

*

They came like flash of black dots, too fast for my eyes to follow them but Cyrus and Violet were able to keep up with them. They had already shifted in their wolf form and were fighting off against five wolves, excluding one who Cyrus took out when it attacked me.

As soon as Cyrus had finished what he had to say to Violet, a wolf came out of nowhere and lunged towards me but Cyrus was quick to stop him. His bared teeth were up close on my face ready to bite me but were stopped by Cyrus who got hold of his tail and swung him across the unruly surfaced, knocking him out instantly. The wolf was so fast that he managed to get pass from the gap between them to attack me.

I hugged my stomach as I took a step back. I was shaken up to the core after a near death experience if Cyrus didn't stop the attacking wolf, I would have been killed and so will my baby. I wanted my baby at any cost.

Cyrus wolf was a beautiful brown with a strip of white fur running along his chest. Violet's wolf was also brown but lighter. Cyrus was obviously the largest amongst them while Violet was the second. The enemy wolves didn't seem stronger than them but it was their agility and quick attacks that were making them hold on.

A wolf went for the Violet's neck but Cyrus easily got hold of him by his neck. As he bit down on his neck making it whine another one lunged towards him from the back and jumped on him as threw the wolf in between his teeth away before turning his head and biting the ear of the wolf that was trying to bite him. The wolf remained on his back making it hard for him to move. Cyrus growled as he rushed to the side of unruly wall with the wolf still on him and he was the one who faced the hard impact on the wall.

At the same time, Violet was also fighting off with the two wolves. The two wolves attacked her at the same time but she was quick to attack one first before throwing it away and attacking the other. Violet turned and with her hind she kicked the other one that got up to attack her again who went and hit on the wall. Violet grabbed the other one by his neck and bit it, killing it easily. She placed her paw over the one laying on the ground before going for his neck too but was distracted when the fifth wolf lunged for me who stayed behind and was waiting for his opportunity to attack which he did when he got one. Before I could do anything, Violet pushed him away before he could reach me. Cyrus growled as he attacked the wolf and finished him off before he could get up.

I thought it was over and they got to take out all the five wolves but I was wrong, there was still one left which tried to attack me again. It was too quick for to eyes to catch his movement but fortunately, Cyrus' senses were second to none and he pushed the wolf away from mid air that went flying pass me and on the ground. Before I could even blink the wolf was back on his feet and ready to attack me yet again.

Cyrus and Violet were behind me, a couple of steps away and before they could reach to stop the wolf from attacking me, I saw the wolf in the mid air and it was as if the time stopped for a second as I could see or sense what his motive was that is, to go for my neck. It was at that moment when Helen's words echoed in my head as she trained me, to never waver when the enemy is near and fight with everything I have got.

I realized one thing as I read their attacks, that is, they were sent after me with an order to kill. Roman no longer wanted me alive probably because I already mated with Xerxes and is pregnant with his child or he had other plans. No matter, what they had up in their sleeves, I couldn't die here, I couldn't let them get me and my child and for that I will do anything.

With his jaw wide open bearing his sharp canines at me, I could read his attack and instinctively, I got to my fighting stance as I successfully dodged the attack with quick movement of my head and grabbed the wolf by his neck easily. My nails dug deep into its flesh making it whimper and struggle in my hold. My whole body felt electrified as my heart thumped wildly. I felt different, I was in my right senses and I knew what was happening but it felt like my actions were not my own.