|Seventy-Two|

Happy Jin day (Ik I am late but it's still his birthday so whatevs).

Please read the note at the end.

XERXES KNIGHT

Roman wasn't lying when he said he felt stronger and different after he inject himself with the serum and by reading his movements and attacks, I realized it has boosted and enhanced his strength. That was probably what the serum's purpose was. At the rate he was going on attacking me without any sign of fatigue and his accurate attacks, he was twice his previous strength. He didn't leave any opening for me to attack and I was pushed to defence.

I realized he might not have been the only one who took that serum, in fact all his followers might have injected themselves with the serum because I could feel and sense the bonds breaking that I had with my warriors and fighters. We were losing people and Roman seemed to be aware of it by the smug look on his face as he pushed me to the corner.

'I can keep this up all day.' Roman declared as he threw a punch my way. I dodged his punch but it was wrong move from my part as I ducked to avoid the impact of his fist, he swiftly drew his knee up hit me square on my stomach. With his enhanced attacks and boosted strength, I dropped to the ground clutching my stomach. I lost track of the time as we went on fighting, it might have been hours but there was not a hint of tiredness in his movements. I hoped for Meryl's safety and if I had to die fighting for her sake, I would.

I didn't know how long I can keep up with Roman or when the effects of the serum will wear off but I was determined to keep him away from Meryl and our child. If death is inevitable for me in this battle then I will make sure I take him down along with me.

Roman sighed before he drew my head back gripping my hair harshly, his eyes looking down on me. 'This is getting boring. I have other more important things to do that keep you entertained.' He said it with a smile on his face. 'My wolf is itching to sink his canines on your neck.'

In the state Roman is in after injecting the serum, his human form was stronger than me and it wouldn't be any surprising how strong that will make his wolf.

'But I might change my mind if you beg me, Xerxes. I am not as cold as you think of me.' His tone was taunting, looking down on me.

Though I have witnessed how strong he is at the moment by fighting with him and also could analyze the end result of this fight, that is, probably my death if the serum's effect doesn't wear off soon but that didn't scare me instead it fueled me more, ignited my hunger to go all out which I wasn't able to do so for so many years because there was none who stood a chance against me.

The title of The Alpha King that I received and had held onto for so long wasn't just for show and for the sake of it. I had fought and proved myself worthy of the title over and over again. I have enjoyed and exploited the power and dominance that came along with the title but I had also worked hard to received the tag of being worthy of the title. So, I wasn't going to be looked down by some traitor who hid behind the shadows for so many years and didn't have the gut to challenge me for the title he was so hung up on it. I wasn't going to be killed off by someone like that. I have time and again proved my worth of the title and this time, it won't be any different. I will show him just what I am capable of that had earned me the title of The Alpha King.

'Are you laughing, brother?' Roman asked keeping a calm façade but I didn't fail to notice the slight doubt that crossed his features. My shoulders shook as I continued to laugh, it made him more anxious. 'Is the reality finally catching up to you that you can't avoid your death?' He gained his composure as he smirked at me.

I pushed his hand away that was on my hair and dusted the dirt of my clothes and the area over my shoulders before pushing myself up on my feet as I walked backwards creating a distance between us. Roman didn't say anything nor did he make an attempt to make a move.