Witnesses

Alice had mysteriously disappeared ofcourse Jasper too. They kept glaring at each other for answers. Bella took Renesmee to their family cottage just outside the woods. With all the tension, she didn't want her daughter to see everyone falling apart.

A phone ring gives them a break. They knew it was Alice. Edward picks it up as soon as it made the tiniest sound.

"Where are you?" He asks without wasting time.
"I need to do something. Listen. I saw it. The Volturi is coming."
"You just tried to convince a werewolf to kill my daughter, Alice."
"I had to. Irina saw her as an immortal child. And she had decided. But we're past that now. It's all of us." She wavers a bit and Jasper can be heard calling her out of the phone. "Just gather as many witnesses. And keep the werewolf."
"We don't even know if she is still on our side."
"It doesn't matter, Edward. They need to see her."
Edward seemed to have no other choice but do as she says. His family looks at him, a bit hopeless. As if anyone can make Malia stay. She was already outside but Edward rushes.

His presence was felt and Malia didn't even turn to him. She continued to walk.
"Don't worry I'll be back." She goes further.

Despite the trust that was shaken by having Renesmee's life in her hands for a second, it somehow comforted Edward to hear those words. It might not just be her daughter's life that's in her hands right now but the Cullens.

 It might not just be her daughter's life that's in her hands right now but the Cullens

"I'm here to report a crime.." Irina announced to the Volturi.
"Speak."
"The Cullens. They created an immortal child." She said.
"And what of the wolves that guards them?"
Irina shook her head. No Jacob. No Malia.

That was all what Aro needed to hear. He laughs at the news. It was enough reason to pay the Cullens a visit.

Malia arrives at the beach. The werewolves were playing soccer and on the sides sat their imprintees. Malia was joined by Seth and Leah. Leah mostly because she didn't want to join them especially Sam and Emily.

"Hey. I'm sorry about the arm." But Seth was just as energetic as always.
"Were you able to do what you were supposed to do?" He asks innocently. He had no clue what it was.
"Yeah. Thanks to you."

But at the far end. Sam eyes them. He knew she had failed to kill the Renesmee.

The ball finds its way to them, Embry goes to retrieve it and asks them to join to which Leah rolls her eyes at. But Seth happily goes with him. Malia was a but hesitant but meets Jared's eyes already looking at her hoping she'd make her way to them. Leah subtle laughs at her but not to offend.

"You should join them. Seriously. Let him have a peace of mind its annoying."

She goes and takes a seat with the Imprintees instead. Emily was happy to see her around there again. It's been a while. Even Jacob wasn't around as much. But understandable with the imprintee being a Cullen.

"It's nice to be surrounded by breathers again." They laughed.

Seth might've kicked the ball to hard on their direction but Malia caught it just inches away from Rachel's face squinted ready for the ball's impact. Seth quickly apologizes to her but she tells him it's fine and to go back to the pack and have some fun. He runs back only to be ruffled by Paul but in a playful manner. They continue to play.