chapter three

"Ggukkie! Hurry it up man, I wanna go home and sleep!" taehyung yells from the other side of the gym, but Jeongguk can tell he's not actually that annoyed because the lychee taste on his tongue says otherwise.

Jeongguk throws his towel into his duffel and swings it over his shoulder, turning around to see jin, Jimin and taehyung waiting by the door. They'd texted the others to meet them by the elevator so they could all go back home together — less of a hassle. Apparently Namjoon had had to drag yoongi from the studio by the back of his hood to get him to agree to go home. Yoongi had a nasty habit of staying in his studio until all hours of the night and then inevitably crashing there, so if they didn't drag him from his music equipment filled dungeon at the end of the day, who really knew how long he'd stay in there.

Jeongguk though that if he could, yoongi would stay in his studio all week without leaving.

It was already six in the afternoon and daylight savings was already darkening the sky outside the bighit building, and that's normally when they called it quits for the day. But still, as Jeongguk joined the three others by the door to walk out into the hallway, he wanted to stay back to practice more because he'd really been quite useless in practice that day.

But the others wouldn't let him do that anyway, because like yoongi, (and Jimin) if Jeongguk thought it was too inconvenient to head home because of the time, then he'd just sleep on the dance studios floor, and that wasn't good for his back. Or neck. Or mood. Or anything, really.

So he tries to push his own disappointment at himself away by thinking to make up for it he might just practice in his room a little before bed, or do a few sit-ups to make himself feel better.

"My fucking neck kills," taehyung grumbles, rolling out his shoulder as they wait by the elevator for the others.

Jimin steps towards him and reaches out. Jeongguk watches as he starts to massage taehyung lightly — wishing he could get one too. Jimins hands were like magic.

Jeongguk was too tired to even think about what other things Jimins hands could do, opting instead to lean against the wall and close his eyes. He was sweaty and gross from working out and desperately wanted a shower. He let the comforting thought of the hot water running down his back sate his slight annoyance at the others being so late.

"Sorry we're late." Namjoons voice suddenly washes over Jeongguk in sweet splashes of green tea. Wet with exhaustion from being in the studio all day. Namjoon points to yoongi who was slumped beside him, hood up and with a very sour expression on his face. "This asshole kept trying to make excuses,"

Hoseok giggles when yoongi turns to glare at him, pushing his hand away. "You're just a bastard. I was almost done."

"No you weren't. You were like three thirds done with the track and you kept swearing and throwing your headphones down every like two seconds," Namjoon argues as they stop in front of the elevator, jin pushes the button and Jeongguk leans himself off the wall, finally.

Hoseok pats yoongi on the shoulder and yoongi seems too tired to shake him off. "Sounds like you were getting nowhere, hyung. Better to return with fresh ears tomorrow, right?"

Yoongi just grumbles something incomprehensible under his breath.

The elevator doors ding open and they all pile in one after another. It was a tight fit, but they always managed to squeeze in anyway. Jeongguk leans himself against the railing and huffs out in exhaustion, his shoulders sagging.

"Tired, gguk?" Jimin asks, small hand coming out to rub Jeongguks forearm, voice tasting of whipped cream. "You worked hard today,"