Okeanós ' Town of The Beaches

Chapter One

Kaelani Bear Eden

"Jesus, Meg! Watch where the hell you point that thing!" Dad hissed making the car swerve to the left.

"You watch that road Hunter Drew Eden!" Momma shouted dropping the map as she grabbed ahold of the steering wheel.

Behind them Kai and I laughed as they bickered. "Mom do you need help?" I giggled unbuckling my seat belt as I scooted closer to their seats.

"No sweetheart, thank you." She smiled sweetly. Her brown eyes crinkling in the process.

"You should let her try Meg. Maybe - maybe it will help." Dad muttered his eyes glancing back at me through the rearview mirror.

Pursing her lips she slowly nodded as she handed me a map.

"What the hell."

"Language Kaelani!" Mom hissed her eyes widening.

"Mom how can you even read this!" I groaned handing the map over to Kai.

"The words aren't even - words! They're shapes and sticks!" I pouted crossing my arms as I looked over to my brother.

His eyebrows were scrunched up as he concentrated. His top lip pulled into his mouth.

"Can you read it sweetie?" Mom asked a smile tugging at the end of her lips.

"Can we just use my phone? I have maps and it'll get us back home in no time." I muttered pulling out my iPhone to stress my point.

But they hushed me and turned to Kai.

He gasped out loud and as he blinked his eyes flashing white.

"Kai!" Scooting closer to him I pulled his face closer to mine, his green eyes were still visible but the white overpowered it.

"Mom! Dad!" I cried wondering why the hell they weren't worried about their son.

"Relax Lani." Dad smiled his eyes flicking back to Kai and me.

"Relax!" I shouted turning to glare at my parents who had small smiles on their faces.

"He's unconscious! His eyes are white, dad! And - and he's starting to bleed!" Taking off my cardigan I held it against his nose as it bled.

Immediately the blood stained my creme cardigan.

"Honey that isn't supposed to happen." Mom muttered laying her palm on dads arm.

That isn't supposed to happen!?

None of this was supposed to happen!

What the hell was going on with them? Was this a prank?

Did they pull this on Ariel and Juni?

"Hunter pull over. Hunter now! It's too much!" Mom shouted unbuckling her seat belt and began to move towards the back seat.

Only to be pulled back as the car accelerated.

"Hunter!"

"Dad!"

We both shouted wide eyed.

Keeping my foot against the passenger seat. I pushed my body away from the pull of gravity.

My hold on Kai strong. I wouldn't let my brother get hurt.

"It isn't me! Megara it's him - it's Kai."