14: Taken

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my forehead. I tried to move my arms but I felt them bound behind my back. I groaned and felt a gag in my mouth.

Once my vision adjusted, I noticed I was in a small log cabin. Zombie heads lined the walls. My eyes grew wide at this strange sight.

"She's up." I heard Josh's voice say.

I turned my head and saw Jim and Josh playing cards at a table next to me.

I tried to spit the gag out.

"Don't hurt yourself." Josh said as he shuffled the cards.

Jim got up and untied the gag. I spit in his face.

"Do you want me to put this back on?" He threatened.

"Jim, why are you doing this?"

"I can't let you leave. I can't lose you."

He stroked my cheek and I turned my head.

"You don't get to make that decision!" I yelled.

"Who has the gag in their hands?"

I quieted down.

"Please, I won't leave forever."

"When you find him you will. I know you will. I have seen the way you look at him."

"If you really love me, you will let me go."

He held my face in his hands and kissed me. I bit his lip. He pulled away and wiped the crimson blood on his lower lip.

"I love you too much to do that."

I started crying.

"Jim! You can't keep me here forever!"

"I can keep you here for as long as I want. Let's go, Josh." They walked out a small door and I heard a click.

I sobbed. This wasn't happening. Why would he do this? Was I ever going to get out? Would he ever come back? But the thought that was bothering me the worst was the longer I stayed here, the farther out Ryan could be. For all I know, he could be in a car right now. Every second was another step farther away he was.

I looked at the clock on the wall. It was five twenty pm. How long had I been out? My wrists had felt like they had been bound for days and a cut on my arm from a few days before I was knocked out looked like it had healed.

I tried to untie the knots that were binding my wrists together but they wouldn't come loose. I sat in frustration as the minutes ticked by.

I sat there, trying to think of a plan, when a creeper banged up against a window. I jumped as it bit at the dirty glass. Now I was really scared.

A gunshot rang through the air and the zombie slump to the ground. I saw Jim standing behind it.

This was the perfect time. I knew camp would hear the gunshots. I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping someone would hear me. I saw Jim run over to the door and quickly unlock it.

"Shut up!" He yelled.

I didn't stop. Somebody please find me.

That's when I felt a sharp poke in my neck and the world blurred around me.

***

The first thing I heard was the moaning. My eyelids were heavy as I opened them. The room was blurred and my vision adjusted slowly.

Twenty creepers surrounded the house. It was getting worse. More were coming. The cabin must've been beyond the fence.

I was gagged again. I had a feeling Jim wasn't going to take it off this time. I looked at the clock on the wall, seven forty two. My forehead no longer throbbed. I must've been out for a while. The cabin was dark, there were no longer cards on the table.

I heard a cracking noise and saw one creeper banged on the window so hard, it was starting to crack. I panicked.

I fumbled with the tight bonds on my wrists again but they wouldn't budge. I tried moving the chair but I wasn't strong enough.

I sat for what felt like an hour, until I saw each zombie slump to the ground. I couldn't see the person who was doing it, but I assumed it was Jim. That was until I saw his brown hair bobbing up and down towards the door. I tried to scream his name but it was muffled by the gag.

He kicked the door open and scanned the inside of the cabin. He saw me and was shocked. He ran over and untied the gag.

"Ryan." I cried.