Chapter 13: He isn't my brother and never will be.

Skylar's P.O.V:

"This is a death-trial?" I looked at Melissa who nodded

"I want us to work on it together."

"Look not that I don't appreciate this, I do, I honestly really do, but we are at court for Lucien's trial which was moved up and we are talking as if...it's all fine"

"Look Skylar, we have nothing to hide, nothing they can use against exists, what was Matt's defence? another prank?"

"No Lucien" I looked at my brother in all seriousness.

"Then?" He raised an eyebrow

"It was your sister, my idea after we found out she got subpoenaed!" I looked at his wide-eyes and Melissa stopped...I was either the win or loss for them, wasn't I?

"Isn't she dead?"

"No, I am not a ghost!" I groaned

"You?" Melissa raised an eyebrow as she and Lucien both followed me to the private chambers at the back of the place.

"Not my....dream entrance but..." I trialled looking up and quickly took off my contacts closing my eyes and threw them on the ground causing to break before crushing them by the heel of my boot, and pulled the wig off my head letting my hair fall out to my waist.

I finally opened my eyes, to find the exact same ones staring back at me, in surprise as I started hooking myself up on the lie detector test machine thing.

"You are his sister?"

"By blood" I answered hooking the last of it up and sat down.

"Did you know?" She looked at Lucien

"Nope, I'll answer it for him, he did not and his position with me isn't good either considering you abandoned me at 3" I looked up at my brother with a scoff.

"So hardly my brother but still I swore to be loyal, I don't go back on my word so go ahead ask me anything"

"What's your name?"

"Skylar Artemis D'Angelo." I answered before extending my arm "Nice to finally meet you with my actual name" I said as she shook it

What was I feeling right now? I chose to shut it out, whatever the fuck I was supposed to be feeling.

I could shut stuff out too, trained to do so.

"Ask me my name again" I said and she narrowed her eyes but did so.

"My name is Melissa Pearson" I saw the machine say it's the truth

"Again" Wow there expressions were amusing

"What's your name?"

"Um...Gigi Hadid"

True, it beeped.

"How?" Lucien looked at me

"I can control myself, I have practically no tell for lying"

"One last question"

"Yes, Melissa?"

"Would you do whatever it takes to"--

"Keep the bastard safe? As I said I never go back on my word and one last thing"

"Yes?"

"He isn't my brother, and never will be, because brother means family, a title which is earned" I said unhooking myself from the machine.

Family don't give up on each other, his job wasn't to be the perfect guardian, his job was to stay by my side, I may be scared of the Blacks, I may be terrified of them, but they stick by each other, they fight, they hurt each other, but at the end of the day there they are, together, holding each other but hey it is what it is, isn't it?