Prologue (Thirteen Years Ago).

Third Person's P.O.V:

13 years ago

"So what would you like to do?" The officer asked the man who had just come to know of his father's demise leaving his 3-year-old baby-sister in his hands and was surprisingly showing no emotion whatsoever.

"Put her up for adoption" The Nineteen-year-old answered, he was busy as it was, being an associate at one of the best law firms of the city, he always was. Yes, he was too young but he was the best associate they had come across yet not to mention he was a Harvard scholarship student.

His IQ was something almost everyone who met him admired.

"The adoption centres are full, should we put her up for fostering or out of the city?"

"Do whatever, I do not care." He spoke the last four words in a low growl putting on his tie.

The three-year-old silently watched, you would think she didn't know what was happening, well she did.

She was smart, smarter than anyone her age as well just like her brother, maybe even more.

She knew her superuomo (Superman) was not on the earth, and her eroe (hero) did not want her.

She wanted to whimper, cry, throw a fit, beg him to take her in, promise him she wouldn't be trouble.

But she didn't want to lie, even though she was a kid she observed how her mother when alive spent all day looking after her and her father did the same.

"Are you su"--

"How many times? Do whatever with her, I have already signed the papers, I am late now get out." He said in a cold voice and his eyes darted at his sister and his gaze softened a little when he saw the same eyes as his staring back at him.

"Good-Bye, Skylar." He bent down placing one last soft kiss on the top of her head out of guilt, not love.

They both knew that and before she could react she was roughly pushed into the back of the care with an angry social worker who grumbled how no-one wanted her and would want and she would just be a burden.

But the three old's mind was rather too consumed reading random people on the street as the car passed by.

Trying.

Trying to read random people on the road, her family used to play this game, Atlas always won.

She had already cried her heart out 3 nights ago, and 2 nights ago, one night ago and even today but had quickly cleaned up making sure it didn't look like she was an emotional wreck if there was any chance Lucien would take her, he never really showed his feelings, half the time he was confused about what emotions he had, the other half thought emotions mess with you, your thoughts, your actions, and humans would be better off without them.

Yes, Atlas Lucien D'Angelo, known to the world as Lucien D'Angelo.

Their father was Italian, Mother American.

Her name was Skylar, Skylar Artemis D'Angelo.

"Alright get off the bloody car, you useless child." She flinched slightly at the harsh voice before sighing and getting out, definitely overwhelmed, not knowing she would soon learn how cruel the world could be even to a three-year-old child.