Chapter 16: 'You fucking idiot' version

Skylar's P.O.V:

I heard two knocks on my bedroom door.

"I'M NOT HERE!"

They just got louder so groaning I got up and opened the door to find my brother in a tux.

"Wha"--

"Are you addicted to alcohol, drugs or gambling?" He entered opening my closet.

"What? Atlas, what are you doing?"

"Answer my question, I'll answer yours"

"No, I'm not" I answered as he turned to me

"Great, wear this meet me in five"

"Why?"

"We, my sister are going to a casino"

"I'm sixteen!"

"I'm Lucien!"

Oh lord.

~o~O~o~

"Can I ask why we are going there instead of just using the bloody technology to send the contracts?"

"No, and don't swear"

"Don't order me!" I said getting out and my eyes widened.

"Yep, not in Kansas anymore, let's move, Dorothy"

"Lucien...You didn't tell me we were going to Atlantic City"

"And that's a problem because?"

The Blacks own it.

"I'm banned from here"

"Get in" He rolled his eyes before bending his arm and putting his elbow forward for me to grab it.

Idiot's gonna get me killed.

"Very gentleman-like of you" I commented as he opened the door for us, my hand still placed on his bent elbow, it feels weird describing it.

"What can I say? I am one" He smirked taking the wine glass offered.

"Come hai fatto a farmi entrare? (How did you get me in?)" I asked him, taking a glass of wine as well

"Like I said I'm Lucien and you are not having alcohol" He took the glass from my hands putting it back and sipped his own smirking teasingly, which made me roll my eyes as we walked further in.

"Also you must have a guest here? Keith Whitmore?"

"Oh yes, Mr Whitmore, he is in the Poker Room"

"Fucking Hell"

~o~O~o~

"Wait let me get this straight" I looked at Lucien in amusement as I spoke ignoring his sharp glances and looks directed to me "He has a drinking, gambling and drug addiction yet he is in Atlantic City?"

"Yes Sky, exactly"

"Wait why is he here?"

"Because he is a key-note speaker at a clean energy conference and he promised me he'd stay out of trouble"

"And you took the word of an addict?"

"He has been clean for five years?

"And you also want to gamble?"

"He has a problem, I do not!" He answered and noticed my gaze on his glass shaking his head, "Don't even think about it!"

"Come on you got high with me! A glass won't hurt"

"Keep dreaming Babe"

"You are being mean, just one sip" I reached for the glass which he immediately pulled out of my way.