14. Pain & Destruction Part 2

[This story may contain strong language]

(Y/n)'s Pov:

I had gotten inside to see that everyone was gathered up. Petra and Oluo had left. 

The dining table was enough to fit us all. I had sitten down next to Ymir and Marco.

Here goes nothing.

"Is there a reason why we all had to huddle up?" Erwin asked looking my way. In the corner of my eye I saw Ymir laugh a bit.

I nudged her elbow hard enough to make her mouth the words 'ow'.

"Yes there is Erwin" I said placing the news paper article down on the table.

"How'd you get that?" Hange said looking like she saw a ghost.

"Erwin, Levi and Hange, tell me the truth, tell me the whole story about my parents and the part of giving me away to the CIA and having them execute me for the crimes I've done.

"(Y/n) h-how, we c-could-" I had stopped Hange speaking another word.

"Tell me now" I said raising my voice.

Erwin had sighed and started to speak.

"Your parents and I were close (Y/n). They were assassins working for an agency, they were dangerous. I had to put a stop to them, and of course you were eighteen at that time. It was just me and some other people who were going to take them out" Erwin said before pausing and continuing.

"We decided to catch them when they were off guard, I tried to shoot your father when your mother had protected him. Your father had shot one of my men and threw a gas bomb for him to carry your mother and disappear. Before he had done that I had shot him in the leg causing him to fall" Erwin added.

I was trying so hard not to cry. Even though my parents pushed me harder than my limits they actually cared for me.

"What else?" I asked. My vision was becoming clouded from the tears swelling up.

"We had saw that your mother already died by getting shot in the chest. Your father looked like he had no intention of living anymore. Before I had shot him I still remember the words he said that day" Erwin said clenching his jaw.

"What did he say?" I asked, my voice quivering.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry". "It was the last word he said before I shot him". Erwin said looking at me.

A single drop of tear fell from my eyes, wiping them as quickly as possible. 

"Look (Y/n) the thin-" I had stopped Erwin speaking another word.

"No need" I said looking at the table.

"Why did you guys hid the article from me?" I said throwing it in the middle.

"(Y/n) we tried to tell the CIA that the crimes you've done weren't as major but they knew your parents, they didn't want a dangerous person" Levi said grabbing the newspaper.

"Don't give me that bullshit Levi" I scoffed still looking at the table.

"You all knew didn't you? Was this all fake? You guys knew I was going to get executed but didn't do anything. What type of people are you! I'm disgusted by your actions" I said looking at each individual while they all looked down.