chapter eighteen: first

The sound of gunshots and beeps to alarm the players of their character's depleting life reverberate in Donghyuck's headphones.

GAME OVER!

He sighs at the bold letters that irritate him before snatching off his head gear.

Johnny is fast asleep on his bed and Haechan stares at him before pulling out his phone.

After a while of hesitation, he finally does what he's been meaning to do since a while ago.

[fullsun☀️]:
You awake?

A minute, two minutes, five minutes pass and still no answer. He slumps on his chair, dispirited but perks up instantly when his phone chimes.

[moon🌙]:
yeah
what's up?

[fullsun☀️]:
Nothing much
How was the makeup thing?

His eyes are fixed on the screen, somehow anxious yet, anticipating her answer.

[moon🌙]:
it was cool

For some reason, relief settles in. Her response ensures that she didn't enjoy it as much as when she does his makeupㅡ

[moon🌙]:
we also, went out for drinks
and food after

Now that, was a blow to him. He quickly sits up straight and his fingers move fast on his keyboard. What if she had loads of fun with Stray Kids? What if she thinks working with them is better? Is she gonna abandon him and start working for Stray Kids??

[fullsun☀️]:
Drinks??
You drink??

[moon🌙]:
nope
i just joined them bcs they invited

oOoHh, and the other makeup artists
even did my makeup!!

With every added detail, Haechan becomes more and more anxious but on the other line where Eunwol is, she's all giddy and smiley to talk about her day with Hyuck.

[fullsun☀️]:
Why did they do your makeup?

[moon🌙]:
because they were all older than me and the place we were going to was like this really cool bar so they decided to do my makeup while the idols were performing

wanna see??

Donghyuck can see her excitement from the long descriptive texts and the fast responses and he types in a 'sure.'

[moon🌙]:

pretty, isn't it??i look a bit different and more mature bUt, i love the new look -3-

pretty, isn't it??
i look a bit different and more mature bUt, i love the new look -3-

Donghyuck gapes at the close-up photo, unable to recognize who it is at first.

But his heart sure knows by its erratic racing.

[fullsun☀️]:
That's you??

[moon🌙]:
uhhhhj yes?
who else?

does it not look good :(

[fullsun☀️]:
It does but

He pauses before sending the other line. She went out with a group and their staff that she just met that day while she's never done it with his group and her colleagues yet.

Not to mention that she got all dressed up, for the first time ever and is showing a new side of her. It makes him kind of... sad.

And sulky.

[moon🌙]:
but what?

Eunwol, on the other hand, is feeling a little upset too at the fact that there's a 'but' after his compliment.

What is it? Does he not like it? Is it too much? But it's her first time doing a look like this and she liked it- felt confident with it and all.

The chirp of her phone makes her unlock it again to read his reply but it's not like any of what she expected.

And it makes her eyes widen as her heart skips a beat.

[fullsun☀️]:
I'm jealous